What Corps.....?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SCV Bass Line - mid 80's (Nothing better than that)

I wish that I had been able to march any Anaheim Kingsmen year between 1968 and 1974. I marched 1967 and would have aged out the next year had I not got drafted.

I never wanted to be anything but an Anaheim Kingsmen.....having said that, I must admit that I have a fondness and respect for tartans and tams.

RON HOUSLEY

I always dreamed about playing in Santa Clara Vanguard's horn line. What a horn line! I also wouldn't mind Spirit. I know you said only one, but it's too hard. I think about it alot, I could've marched with Spirit, but 27 was calling my name! :)

I consider myself lucky and blessed that I was able to march with the groups that I marched with...

However, if I could have started marching earlier, I would have given just about anything to have marched with THE BRIDGEMEN in the late seventies/early eighties (especially 1980)! That corps epitomized what, imho, drum corps was meant to be...entertaining, fun, musically excellent and an all-around great program.

Oh, to wish...

"What Corps":

1961 St Catherine of Sienna Queensmen, or any of the St Kevins Enerald Knights corps, 1959 through 1964.

Elphaba

I always dreamed myself being with Phantom Regiment 89-96 and VK 88-92. I love the dark powerful sound but I also have to give it for the guys who give it all up.

Well, for the years that I was with Suncoast, it would have been:

SCV 87

BD 88

PR 89

Three of my favorite shows all time (with SCV 87 being my favorite OTL EVER!)

If I could go back in time, I would have "stayed home" to march Suncoast 83 (slammin' into finals at 5th), 84 (who wouldn't want to have marched the Vietnam show) and 85 (the Original Florida Suite show).