Drum corps from Thailand

Ape

Hello guys,

We are the first drum corps in Thailand named "Siamyth Drum and Bugle Corps, Bangkok". We was found in 2002 after one guy, our director, returned from marching with The Madison Scouts 1999 and had acouple of tours with many corps to learn how to manage drum corps. He 've builded this corps to be the first corps in Thailand and South East Asia. In 2003, Siamyth hornline presented the first show for almost 2000 audiences under the instruction of many people that marched in Japan. With the show, we made a drum corps clinic and what we called "Knowing the drum corps".

This year, 2004, we present Siamyth hornline and Siamyth drumline in the show we called "First Step of Cool". Since March to July, we have 3-4 small shows and one big show at he end of season. This year is a year of Siamyth 's explorer. We are instructed and perform by a group of people whe did joined The Scouts, Aimachi(Japan), The Phanthom and a senior corps in 4-5 years passed. We have almost 40 horms and 13 drums. We also have uniform instead of black t-shirt and black pants we used in 2003.

In this near future, we are looking for jojin DCJ, DCI. May be the next 8-10 years, we will shake the DCI field with and make people enjoy the show.

If you guys have something to say to us, any of suggestion and words, or what you want to see from this far-east corps, drop me some and we will make it true.

very nice to know you all

Ape,

drum line leader of Sianyth 2004

ps. The officiel website is being construced. We will show ourself to the world pretty soon.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the Drum Corps family! It is terrific to see other countries take an interest in the activity. We hope to see you in years to come! b**bs

Hello guys,

We are the first drum corps in Thailand named "Siamyth Drum and Bugle Corps, Bangkok". We was found in 2002 after one guy, our director, returned from marching with The Madison Scouts 1999 and had acouple of tours with many corps to learn how to manage drum corps. He 've builded this corps to be the first corps in Thailand and South East Asia. In 2003, Siamyth hornline presented the first show for almost 2000 audiences under the instruction of many people that marched in Japan. With the show, we made a drum corps clinic and what we called "Knowing the drum corps".

This year, 2004, we present Siamyth hornline and Siamyth drumline in the show we called "First Step of Cool". Since March to July, we have 3-4 small shows and one big show at he end of season. This year is a year of Siamyth 's explorer. We are instructed and perform by a group of people whe did joined The Scouts, Aimachi(Japan), The Phanthom and a senior corps in 4-5 years passed. We have almost 40 horms and 13 drums. We also have uniform instead of black t-shirt and black pants we used in 2003.

In this near future, we are looking for jojin DCJ, DCI. May be the next 8-10 years, we will shake the DCI field with and make people enjoy the show.

If you guys have something to say to us, any of suggestion and words, or what you want to see from this far-east corps, drop me some and we will make it true.

very nice to know you all

Ape,

drum line leader of Sianyth 2004

ps. The officiel website is being construced. We will show ourself to the world pretty soon.

Keep us updated!

Looking forward to hearing more from you! :)

Awesome! Welcome to the drum corps community. I look forward to seeing you folks in action some day.

Edited by bari_benzo

Hi Ape, it's Christie! I'm in awe that there's a drum corps from Thailand, how wonderful! Although I'll be on tour this summer, be sure to keep me updated on Siamyth's progress! Perhaps when I return to Thailand (whenever that may be), I'll have a chance to see Siamyth perform. Best of luck to you and Siamyth!

• 3 weeks later...

This is the latest news of Siamyth.

1.We already specificed the date of the 204 home show of Siamyth D&B corps.

July 18, 2004 : Siamyth concert: St. Joseph School, Bangkok

July 25, 2004 : Siamyth Clinic and field show: Nimibut Indoor Stadium, Bangkok

Just in the case that you have a plan to travel around Thailand or know some people who will able to travel around Bangkok. The mey interested in Siamyth first field show.

2. Anounced from Siamyth co-ordinater," Next year we will include the frontline and colorguard sections with Siamyth. Also, we looking for having our own field. We are making the alliance with Thai-Japan Youth Assosiation for supporting the Siamyth activities. We will able to use the stadium, field and other facilities as a supporter of Siamyth.

3. The uniform is already done!!! Siamyth will have our uniform in a few weeks. We have the mood of mid-west drum corps 's uniform with the colors in red nad black. Siamyth uniform is supported from Absolute band shop, Thailand.

4. FUTURE PLAN!!! Siamyth is considering about joining the international tour in 2006. We are thinking about DCI Summer Music Division 2,3 Compettition or All Japan Marching Band Compettition. This plan will not be confirmed untill the end of this season but before 2005 get started, we will make a decision for it.

Ape, Siamyt drumlline leader 2004

Hi Ape!

Is your director Chumpol? He told me some things about drum corps in Thailand for a Drum Corps World book. If he is, tell him I said hi!

At any rate, great to hear about your corps...hopefully we'll get to see your group someday! Practice hard, and Good luck to you and your corps!

Chris

Ape,

Thanks for keeping us updated! The changes and additions to Siamyth sound fantastic! I'm now even more eager to see Siamyth perform - especially when the colorguard is added in 2005. Hopefully Siamyth will be able to have the international tour in 2006, that would be awesome to see a drum corps here in America from Thailand. I hope your shows are wonderful and successful - especially the home show!

Hi,

That 's right. The director of Siamyth is Chumpol who marched with The Scouts '99.

I don't know when could I see him coz he is now so busy about his own business and finding the support for Siamyth. I think he is trying to take Siamyth to community news instead of just inside the marching society to get more interrests and supports. I will tell him when I meet him in this one or two camps that you want to say hi to him.

Ape