Santa Clara First Performance

Ladies & Gentlemen,

The season has official begun... <_<

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

w/Stp:

Cant we all just get along. Sure we have opinions, but jeez...this thread isnt even a page long yet!

Back on topic...Great job SCV, having the show on the field by memorial day is NO small feat! I cant wait to see them in Denver!

Here we go........again.

I think it is greta that Santa Clara has the full show on the field in May. Back when I marched, May was spent filling/closing holes and learning the last couple of minutes of the show. I can only think of one year (91) when we didn't finish the show with a standstill for the last couple of minutes during our first few shows out of the gate. So, bravo SCV, sounds like you are ahead of the game! :silly:

Oh no!

I don't know if anyone else has seen their show but last night it was scary. Not everyone knew the drill, soloists were not spot on, not everyone was clued in to instructors instructions. Very scary. Musically it is an alright show but nothing too spectacular. Does anyone else have any early season reports.

:silly:

That's sounds pretty dadgummed normal for end-May. Considering their first show isn't until the 19th -- they're ahead of the game as we speak.

Chill, buuuuuuddy B)

I could go on and on about the practice and performance but, all I will say is the show and sound is a carbon copy of the Blue Devils. If you did a blind taste test you would not be able to tell the difference between the 2.

At least the drumline is good!!

Well, based on your knowledge of drum corps, or there lack of. Your animosity towards SCV, and everything else you have showed in your posts.....SCV is not only nothing like BD but in pretty good shape.......

~G~

Oh no!

I don't know if anyone else has seen their show but last night it was scary. Not everyone knew the drill, soloists were not spot on, not everyone was clued in to instructors instructions. Very scary. Musically it is an alright show but nothing too spectacular. Does anyone else have any early season reports.

~troll~

~G~

Hey Shintao!!!!!!

Breathe......Out goes the bad air, in comes the good air.LOL Breathe......Breathe.

We're talking about the Santa Clara Vanguard, relax buddy, it's the end of MAY

not two weeks before finals!!!! Most corps don't even have their closers

started yet.

I have no doubt that their staff will have them in shape for........their first competition!!!!!!!!!

Somebody throw me another cold one will you?? :silly:

Just having some fun with you, they'll be fine.

I could go on and on about the practice and performance but, all I will say is the show and sound is a carbon copy of the Blue Devils. If you did a blind taste test you would not be able to tell the difference between the 2.

At least the drumline is good!!

I don't really think this quote is THAT ignorant or anti-SCV, it just seems to me that someone (granted someone who IS biased against them) is talking about the show design. First, you have to give him one up over Shintao for NOT evaluating performance issues, and realizing how early it is in the year. He's just saying that he thinks this year's arrangement and show design is choppy, and they don't have a signature sound; I almost agree with that, listening to the camp recording, but not quite. He even complemented them somewhat in the last line of the first paragraph in his second post!!! Anyway, as true as it is that you can expect SCVFan222 to diss SCV in a thread about them....he didn't really say anything overly bad here, and you all just ripped his head off.

Now that first post....THAT was definitely unnecessary, and a poor evaluation of an early season show.

It is a very segmented show. Sorta like the cut a paste show like bd does.

I'm sure you will come back to me and say I know nothing and have no clue but I was there not 3000 miles away, reading Internet posts.

I wish I could have been there to see it myself. Hmmmm. How long is the original work? I would imagine that the orginal score would need to be cut some in order to fit it in the drum corps venue. Are you telling us that the show has been spliced together like BD does their shows? A little here, a little there? Something from this piece of music, something from that one?

You obviously like to draw comparisons between SCV and that evil and very unsuccessful corps aka "Blue Devils". It still sounds like you got cut at SCV or didn't get hired by them and are just bitter. On top of that, you can't seem to get it in your head that BD is or ever was a great drum corps. You also can't seem to make comparisions between SCV and other top drum corps. You obviously envy the success of BD and don't think that the current members/staff/administration are capable to be successful wihout your wisdom and guidance. Why don't you apply today? As William Shakespeare would write: "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."

My friend told me that several members learned the entire drill this weekend according to the annoucement by Rick Valenzuela, the corps director. The entire show really on the field in May? That is wonderful!!! Props to SCV from a REAL SCVFan!