Sheet Music

frachel

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yearly bump. I still like to hold down the 3rd valve and play this from time to time.. too bad I sold my G horn years ago. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Another bump! :-)

• 10 months later...

Was playing this today (on a 'comeback' with the trumpet, havent played in years) so figured I'd bump it :-)

Edited by frachel

• 4 weeks later...

:thumbup:

Just played through this with my third valve down. I would DIE to play this book one time with the 87 hornline.

It's been a long time since I've "seen" how the hornlines of today work/practice/etc, but it sounds like its a lot more "professional" for lack of a better word. At least in my own experience back in 87 - there wasn't any audition. I walked into camp, found someone who asked me "can you hit a high-c on a trumpet consistently".. when I answered yes, they just gave me the music for the lead soprano part. There wasn't any semblance of an "audition" until the next month, when one by one we went to a back room with Michael Klesch and Barbara (Moroni? been a while) and they just asked us to play some scales and just talked for a bit.. that was it..

Was really surprised me was there were more than a few soprano's who were actually "learning" to play - woodwind players wanting to do corps, or just fairly beginner players.. lots of fingerings written in, etc.

Good times.