Remember When

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a grat tour...remember Edmunton?

Salina, Kansas wasn't it? Remember that little corps that felt they should have placed higher with the graphic of a wood screw on a flag they brought out at retreat? Good times, good times!!!! :blink:

Yes, Edmonton, That is as far North as I will ever go. We got to stop practicing when the sun went down. About midnight.

The competition in Salina, Kansas was different for sure. Silver Sabers, Argonne Rebels. Kids from other corps wanted their pictures taken with us before we changed out of our uniforms. Great fun.

How 'bout DCI North in Pontiac?

With the trophies made out of hubcaps???? :wub:

It was 76, the year I graduated HS and I was there as a fan. It was opening year for the Silverdome.

I specificly remember the Cavaliers from that show! I think it was the first time I saw them. It was the first year of the "Cavalier" style uniform. I've been a huge Cavie fan ever since.

Edited by shawn craig

How 'bout DCI North in Pontiac?

With the trophies made out of hubcaps???? :wub:

I've heard horror stories about drum corps playing in that dome that year (esp. about Madison). And it was none to friendly to marching bands either.

btw, it's Silverdome, one word....like Bluecoats.

btw, it's Silverdome, one word....like Bluecoats.

Fixed :P

I've heard horror stories about drum corps playing in that dome that year (esp. about Madison). And it was none to friendly to marching bands either.

Bowling Green St Univ. marching band played for a Lions game one year. It was not easy but at least we got to rehearse there in the morning. Coming in to perform in competition without rehearsal time must have really been bad.

Edited by shawn craig

Bowling Green St Univ. marching band played for a Lions game one year. It was not easy but at least we got to rehearse there in the morning. Coming in to perform in competition without rehearsal time must have really been bad.

This is what I heard, so I don't know how accurate this is. But the echo was ssssooo bad that the soloist actually put down his horn because he couldn't tell where anyone at.

I played in the Silverdome in '76 with the Commodores. It wasn't bad... once you got used to hearing every note you played coming back at you 2 or 3 counts later. B)

One thing's for sure, nobody needed amps that night.

I especially liked how when you opened the door to leave, the air pressure pushed you out of the stadium.

Edited by Russellrks

• 13 years later...
On 11/10/2006 at 6:38 AM, Tansea said:

That was a grat tour...remember Edmunton?

Salina, Kansas wasn't it? Remember that little corps that felt they should have placed higher with the graphic of a wood screw on a flag they brought out at retreat? Good times, good times!!!! :blink:

The Pizza Hut Invitational was in Wichita, Kansas (Pizza Hut was a sponsor of Wichita C/A Continental Ambassadors). It was C/A that beat the Sky Ryders and Sky Ryders flew the “screw” flag.