Competition results discussion

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:

How'd you generate the two percussion scores if last season there was only one percussion caption. Plus, I thought that that caption was only for the major shows, or are we doing it for all shows? I'm a bit confused...

Overall some interesting results. Some returning corps kicking ### again, and some *cough*mine*cough* not....Interesting how hydrofusion with only 90 caption points is less than a point behind coldfusion with 140 caption points :huh: son confusing now....

Are the II/III scores done the same way and comparable to the Div I scores ala DCM? I ask because my Div II corps (Black Marauders) got a 67.77 last night, which would give them the 2nd highest score of any corps out there, regardless of division.

The major show will give the two different captions scores. All I did was repeat the Music Percussion score went in both of the captions.

As for why a few D3 corps have higher scores than D1 corps. Easy. For some of the lower end corps, the caption scores actually went down (or didn't move) for the first 5-6 shows. Since score are generated by fitting a line, when I exterpolate the line before the first show, these caption scores actually increase (negative slope). Whereas with the D1 corps who took higher ranking corps, they have a positive slope so thier captions actually decreased when the line was exterpolated.

Raincross just edging to break 60... not acceptable, the staff will be relooking into why the GE didn't go...

But great show, none the less.

Kosmos and Kadence had very good opening shows last night. Kosmos finished mid-pack among 12 Div 1 corps, and scored slightly higher than our first show last year, so that is an encouraging sign. Kadence opened their inaugural season well ahead of expectations, easily breaking 60 at their first show.

Overall:

Black Pirates (I): 7th

Black Marauders (II): 1st

Black Knights (III): 6th

Not too bad of a start! Way to go men! (It's true--we're all male!)

The Amsterdam Admirals had a great show, the crowd loved their production of Dykes and Mills.

The only Dutch corps is looking forward to the rest of the season and is currently working on some slight changes. See you at the next show!!!

For the second night in a row, Raincross takes HIGH BRASS, outscoring even the D1 corps..... now about that GE.....

The Tennessee Nipples have started this year the same way they did last year, by Winning their 1st show. It will be a lot tougher though to match their success of last year, but we are looking forward to the challenge.

The Sons of Thunder outscored the Tennessee Nipples, as well as all but 1 other corps in Waynesboro. In their inagural year, the Sons of Thunder have followed in their A corps footsteps, winning their first Div 2 show of the year.

The 3 member of the Tennessee Nipples Organization, the Cincinnati Glory, has not fared so well in the beginning of the season, with 2 last place finishes. The Nipples Org director Dr Milky Juggs will be monitoring the situation in Cincinnati very closely.

Good luck to all the corps this year! It is good to see our activity growing!