PR dress rehearsal?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing it will be either Madison or Phantom winning the first couple of shows they're in, so hopefully we'll hear Elsa's at one of those. If I don't hear it, that means Madison won the shows so I wouldn't be disappointed. ;)

The guard uniforms aren't in yet, Grrrr. I only heard rumors, but I'm thinking Tangoesque and HOT (see Tom's camp reviews).

At the risk of over hyping... I LOVE everything about it. Sure it's the beginning of the season and every gem needs to be polished...believe me come August this will be nothing short of AMAZING.

If you had any doubt about the music leave them at the door, you will not be disappointed. Just simply jaw dropping.

The drumline, Sean, Corey, Pat, Darren, Manny, David and the rest just ROCK!!!!!!!

The guard, Wow!!! What Tom said...anybody got a smoke? Love the dance moves, really goes with the flavor of the show.

The Drill, every time I see it its a little different and I’ve stopped up at camp twice a week so far. It’s fast, it’s complex, it moves all over the place. I found myself saying **** cool!!! about five or six times.

I know that Phantom's traditionally had an all-female guard, but wouldn't doing a tango show make it seem rational to break from that tradition?

I know that Phantom's traditionally had an all-female guard, but wouldn't doing a tango show make it seem rational to break from that tradition?

If I understand it correctly, the guard is the woman in the tango, and the rest of the corps is the male.

And, generally, I think this music fits this particular corps because it has an all-female guard.

Edited by TomMoore

Not at all...see 1991. The bacchanale worked quite nicely with the ladies in the color guard and the masculine component through the horn and drum lines. Pretty steamy. I have no doubt that the corps will generate plenty of steam this year, too.

As an aside, I believe that PR's guard better never go anything other than all-female. Balances the midwestern all-male color guards. Anything involving a male-female PR guard would, at least at first glance, appear un-PR. Sort of like ditching the helmets. :sshh:

Some female/male guard work in some color guard looks brother and sister-like...no chemistry. PR does their own thing and a female color guard works well here.

A friend and fellow alum was nice enough to call me from the dress rehearsal and let me in on the fun, so I was able to hear the show music and Elsa's over the phone.  From what I could tell, the drum line is possessed by some supernatural force, and the soprano line is off the hook.  The whole experience (yes, even via telephone) was jaw dropping.  To those making comments about needing a cigarette afterward, I could definitely hear that...it's visceral and almost overwhelming. 

Sound quality of the phone notwithstanding (it actually handled the volume of sound a little better than I figured it would), it's a tremendously exciting musical program.  I'm very much looking forward to seeing the visual package, which as I understand it from those in attendance is nothing short of stunning.

I too was lucky enough to have a friend call me from dress rehearsal. What can I say? It was amazing. I had goosebumps just hearing over the phone. I can't wait to see it live. After hearing it, I bought a plane ticket to see SoS. WOW!!!!!!

[Not at all...see 1991. The bacchanale worked quite nicely with the ladies in the color guard and the masculine component through the horn and drum lines. Pretty steamy. I have no doubt that the corps will generate plenty of steam this year, too.

Anything involving a male-female PR guard would, at least at first glance, appear un-PR. Sort of like ditching the helmets. :sshh:

I agree with you on so many levels there....

91, guard split in Bacchanale...nuff said B)

and I i dont want to even think about us straying away from the all-female colorguard..always been that way and always should...its one of many things that makes the Regiment, the Regiment and something that no other corps can ever come close to recreate...God, I hope I get to a show this year!