Menasha 6/18

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts--yeah, Jim Anello--the first DCI corps uncle z ever saw was PR in 1975--so he's always had a soft spot for "American Overture". And yeah, Jim, uncle z had to tell his spouse that that song was "Old Man River" and not "The Old Grey Mare" :blink:. Lot of equipment problems in the guard--I'm sure that will be ironed out soon enough. Overall, a very seamless, cohesive show. Very nice!

Uncle Z, I was referring to the tune after Old Man River. Checked the Colts' web site this morning for the title - "Celebration" by Robert Russell Bennett.

Phantom Regiment 68.20 2nd Place

OK. The last minute of the show was pretty cool. But, show designers.....STOP WITH THE DANCING!!!! I WANNA SEE CORPS!!!

John:

Do you mean the brass line? If so, I am VERY disapointed. Were told the visual program was going to be much more top notch this year. I, for one, don't consider dancing by the brass line as an improvment.

Rocketman

ampssuck

:blink:

Uncle Z, I was referring to the tune after Old Man River. Checked the Colts' web site this morning for the title - "Celebration" by Robert Russell Bennett.

Well, Geez, if you would have come to talk to me at the show, I would have let you look at my show program!!!! :sshh:

Give me your impressions of Phantom's Guard and most importantly, their uniforms. My daughter described hers but she told me that they are all different.

I know, I know, I am all about the clothes...isn't that just like a Guard Mom? :blink:

I know it is early but I want to see polaroids!! :D

OMG, uncle z forgot to mention how proud he was of the mass of Blue Stars sitting together in the back stands (ala Kingsmen) and then standing and applauding as Colts took the field.....

That was CLASSY!!!!

Yes, drum corps still has those moments!

Slight correction to Scout guard unis. (by the way Hi JIM (this is LeRoy's daughter)

The guys tops are velvet and "power net" (a kind of black mesh) alternating in a diagonal (slash) pattern. They have been accent painted with silver and black paint to give them more texture (which may make them look like black leather). Black jeans with studs, zippers, studded belts and silver paint again. As someone has seem them up close as well as on the field, I have to say they look hot. Great guys, great talent, and did I mention they look hot?

I have been hearing rumours about PR for months, so I can't wait to hear/see what they've got going on this year. (I love tango!)

Carolyn

Scout fan and volunteer

Edited by cstoner