I didn't catch the full scores....but the placements were:

Pioneer 53.55

Kilties 44.00

Bandettes 30.85

Capital Sound 30. 15

Joliet Kingsmen 22.95

Racine Scouts exhibition

Everyone was judged on the same sheets so don't ask! :P

I think Pioneer is better than last year. The drumline, color guard and visual package are the strengths right now, especially the drumline! The hornline isn't bad, but the difficulty of the music leads to some notes some sloppiness problems..not a whole lot. They'll be ok in brass as the season goes.

Kilites--for those who don't know--Kilties have a guard this year--21 or 22...and they do look good...no idea what they scored tonight but it was a good thing seeing so many out there after few years of having 4 to 10 guard depending on the year.

Hornline is the strength...drumline isn't right now. Visual didn't look too bad...doubt it was very close to Pioneer in field score.

The closer drill isn't finished yet, so they did Danny Boy/Syne marking time in the end set of Mambo Italiano...which didn't do justice to the effect of the piece....and they more than likely lost some GE points...they're suppose to be learning the closer drill today.

Bandettes---new style this year...classical and they did pull it off. This was their first show. The hornline--one of the best I've heard from them the last two years isn't slouchnig this year either. Only 10 of them again...yes some rough spots bu the potential is there for another outstanding line.

They could very possibly win DCM DIII...but Lake Erie hasn't had a show yet so need to see how they're doing. But these girls are good!

Cap Sound---very emotional about this one...and the reason why they're small but I won't get into that....

34 members on the field...I didn't recognize any of the music but they sound--especially the lower brass--like they have loads of potential. Considering their late start due to circumstances I won't get into here, they did do a good job and the only way for them is up....I hope they really improve as the season goes.

There were some good, very together moments, there were some not very together moments. But it was hard to watch.....knowing what led to this size and quality. But I won't get into that here...those kids, like all kids in corps, are working their ##### off.....it might just turn out like 1995--their first year when they did their first show after only a month and a half of existance.

Racine Scouts--Doing disco.....Donny Allen arranged the music for them this year...and there is some difficulty in his arrangements.

The hornline is decent and the guard ok for the first show.

One girl in the guard tore up her knee during the performance...she was down for a minute or so before anyone notice--in the back behind the rest of the corps....

she was helped off by one of the judges and Andrea and put in the golf cart and driven out of the stadium.

Joliet Kingsmen--this show is fun....these kids don't care about what they get for a score just as long as they get better and the fans like them...

They have two little kids in the pit playing on one marimba through most of the entire show....they're pretty good!

The hornline--there was one strong sop who stuck out quite a bit...decent lower brass, a color guard that could be very good by DeKalb.

Royal Airs--it was weird seeing them not come off the starting line but rather in the middle of the field.

Their drill keeps a lot of horns up front through most of the show..which no one in the stands minded at all! They definately have the loud thing down...and a lot of sops that can wail!

Color pres got the fans up on their feets...was very very excellent!

They're loud...I'd say probably 65-70 horns out there. Drumline is smaller--but pretty good.

The announcer almost asked if the judges were ready...but caught himself quite well.

Everyone got a real dose of in your face drum corps!!!

There were some things that were unfinished....especially guard work...

Pioneer's guard danced a lot...did a few spins and twirls with but mostly they were staying in their forms. Same with Kilties...not a whole lot of flag work yet...some very good rifle work though....people will be surprised.

Who had the most guard work in?? Joliet Kingsmen.

What was strange was people coming into the stadium and plopping down on the first seat they saw...this lead to about 150-200 people sitting from the 50 down to the end of the stands toward the gate...no one went to the other side of the 50...was just weird.

And the lights---Pershing Park has a nice field, it's right on Lake Michigan..I think even more than good old Lakefront Stadium in Kenosha was. But...the city of Racine really needs to get the lights fixed. The finale and Pioneer's victory concert were both done in the dark.

Next year, if they don't get those fixed either--start the show an hour earlier or hold it at Case or Horlick.

Edited by FrankBeMe

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone can get the real scores, I would love to add them to the corpsreps.com database. Seems they won't be reported on DCI.org and looks like DrumCorpsMidwest.org isn't going to either (or are they just slow?)

So Frank,

Does that mean that the charts are too difficult for Scouts? I have been trying to get an answer and the answer seems to be that they are NOT too difficult.

I am not trying to be sarcastic on this subject because I want to give the group the best chance to succeed with any book I arrange. I am just wondering and I dont always get back a response.

Thanks for the review.

Donny

Chris---I'm not sure, but everyone from the DCM office does travel with Pioneer, and they're on there way to that show on Monday in Michigan.......and the webmaster is on a pretty much all day rehearsal.

But Kilties score was 44.00 even...that one is for sure. I'll give the office a call tomorrow and get the scores.

Now one thing Chris--in DCM this year, only Saturday shows are judged...so next Sunday or Monday don't look for scores from Hastings or Woodstock. St. Peter and Waukesha will be judged..not sure about Champlin since it's on a Friday.

Donny...I don't think they're to difficult for the kids....some of it was what they were doing drill wise that caused some inaccurate moments...they hung togher...

There were one or two out there that were having musical problems....they have a lot of young kids.....they'll get better...they were trying to concentrate on drill last night...once everything gets in sync they'll be fine :)

Good charts too!

Thanks Frank!

It was cold being right on the lake.

I didn't catch the full scores....but the placements were:

Pioneer 53.something

Kilties 44.00

Bandettes 30.something a few tenths more

Capital Sound 30. something

Racine Scouts didn't break 30

Joliet Kingsmen didn't break 30 either

Everyone was judged on the same sheets so don't ask! :P

I think Pioneer is better than last year. The drumline, color guard and visual package are the strengths right now, especially the drumline! The hornline isn't bad, but the difficulty of the music leads to some notes some sloppiness problems..not a whole lot. They'll be ok in brass as the season goes.

Kilites--for those who don't know--Kilties have a guard this year--21 or 22...and they do look good...no idea what they scored tonight but it was a good thing seeing so many out there after few years of having 4 to 10 guard depending on the year.

Hornline is the strength...drumline isn't right now. Visual didn't look too bad...doubt it was very close to Pioneer in field score.

The closer drill isn't finished yet, so they did Danny Boy/Syne marking time in the end set of Mambo Italiano...which didn't do justice to the effect of the piece....and they more than likely lost some GE points...they're suppose to be learning the closer drill today.

Bandettes---new style this year...classical and they did pull it off. This was their first show. The hornline--one of the best I've heard from them the last two years isn't slouchnig this year either. Only 10 of them again...yes some rough spots bu the potential is there for another outstanding line.

They could very possibly win DCM DIII...but Lake Erie hasn't had a show yet so need to see how they're doing. But these girls are good!

Cap Sound---very emotional about this one...and the reason why they're small but I won't get into that....

34 members on the field...I didn't recognize any of the music but they sound--especially the lower brass--like they have loads of potential. Considering their late start due to circumstances I won't get into here, they did do a good job and the only way for them is up....I hope they really improve as the season goes.

There were some good, very together moments, there were some not very together moments. But it was hard to watch.....knowing what led to this size and quality. But I won't get into that here...those kids, like all kids in corps, are working their ##### off.....it might just turn out like 1995--their first year when they did their first show after only a month and a half of existance.

Racine Scouts--Doing disco.....Donny Allen arranged the music for them this year...and there is some difficulty in his arrangements.

The hornline is decent and the guard ok for the first show.

One girl in the guard tore up her knee during the performance...she was down for a minute or so before anyone notice--in the back behind the rest of the corps....

she was helped off by one of the judges and Andrea and put in the golf cart and driven out of the stadium.

Joliet Kingsmen--this show is fun....these kids don't care about what they get for a score just as long as they get better and the fans like them...

They have two little kids in the pit playing on one marimba through most of the entire show....they're pretty good!

The hornline--there was one strong sop who stuck out quite a bit...decent lower brass, a color guard that could be very good by DeKalb.

Royal Airs--it was weird seeing them not come off the starting line but rather in the middle of the field.

Their drill keeps a lot of horns up front through most of the show..which no one in the stands minded at all! They definately have the loud thing down...and a lot of sops that can wail!

Color pres got the fans up on their feets...was very very excellent!

They're loud...I'd say probably 65-70 horns out there. Drumline is smaller--but pretty good.

The announcer almost asked if the judges were ready...but caught himself quite well.

Everyone got a real dose of in your face drum corps!!!

There were some things that were unfinished....especially guard work...

Pioneer's guard danced a lot...did a few spins and twirls with but mostly they were staying in their forms. Same with Kilties...not a whole lot of flag work yet...some very good rifle work though....people will be surprised.

Who had the most guard work in?? Joliet Kingsmen.

What was strange was people coming into the stadium and plopping down on the first seat they saw...this lead to about 150-200 people sitting from the 50 down to the end of the stands toward the gate...no one went to the other side of the 50...was just weird.

And the lights---Pershing Park has a nice field, it's right on Lake Michigan..I think even more than good old Lakefront Stadium in Kenosha was. But...the city of Racine really needs to get the lights fixed. The finale and Pioneer's victory concert were both done in the dark.

Next year, if they don't get those fixed either--start the show an hour earlier or hold it at Case or Horlick.

The point spread between Pioneer and the Kilties was almost entirely from the guard score. The guard got hit really hard for not having the entire drill.The rest of the captions very close.

If anyone can get the real scores, I would love to add them to the corpsreps.com database. Seems they won't be reported on DCI.org and looks like DrumCorpsMidwest.org isn't going to either (or are they just slow?)

DCM scores will be posted. In most cases, however, they will not be posted immediately due to the fact that I am marching in a corps and often have Sunday obligations for rehearsals and performances.

We will get the recaps posted as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience and understanding that we do not have a full-time web staff at this time, but instead very dedicated volunteers.