Racine 6/19

Thanks Frank...

As I said I am only attempting to give these kids a chance to succeed. It was a fun to arrange and I am seriously interested in getting out there at some time to maybe get it to a more performable status.

I appreciate your honesty.

Donny

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris---I'm not sure, but everyone from the DCM office does travel with Pioneer,  and they're on there way to that show on Monday in Michigan.......and the webmaster is on a pretty much all day rehearsal.

But Kilties score was 44.00 even...that one is for sure.  I'll give the office a call tomorrow and get the scores.

Now one thing Chris--in DCM this year, only Saturday shows are judged...so next Sunday or Monday don't look for scores from Hastings or Woodstock.  St. Peter and Waukesha will be judged..not sure about Champlin since it's on a Friday.

1. Scores and recaps are up. http://www.drumcorpsmidwest.com. Its in pdf format. Thanks for posting those scores! Looks like it'll probably be the only way we find out about DCM results since DCI, DCP or From The Pressbox aren't posting them. It looks like CorpsReps did put them up though at least.

2. So is anyone else hesitant to be okay with the "only judging on Saturdays" idea? That doesn't make much sense to me. I understand saving the money and such, but doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of going out and performing that night if you're not going to get any kind of critique or response back on the work you've been doing since the last contest? Too me not having judges just makes it a large run-through rehearsal in uniform and in front of a crowd. Anyone have any extra information on why DCM is doing this?

Edited by soonerjeff

2. So is anyone else hesitant to be okay with the "only judging on Saturdays" idea? That doesn't make much sense to me. I understand saving the money and such, but doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of going out and performing that night if you're not going to get any kind of critique or response back on the work you've been doing since the last contest? Too me not having judges just makes it a large run-through rehearsal in uniform and in front of a crowd. Anyone have any extra information on why DCM is doing this?

Actually...with some of the judging panels they used to have....this isn't much different.

Looks like it'll probably be the only way we find out about DCM results since DCI, DCP or From The Pressbox aren't posting them. It looks like CorpsReps did put them up though at least.

Actually, Roman approached me at the show Saturday night and told me he'd be giving me the recaps so I could get the scores up on DCP. I pointed out to him that I wouldn't get them up until tonight so this time we said we'd just wait until the webmaster put them on DCM's site.

In future, we're going to work something out so that the scores get updated here as soon as possible after the show.

Stef

p.s. -- the CSJA judges cost money. Only having them work on Saturday nights is going to save some money.. and the other shows are supposed to have judging -- just not traditional (or paid) judges. Maybe local celebrities or crowd response.. we'll see. I don't think it'll be as bad as you might think.

Chris---I'm not sure, but everyone from the DCM office does travel with Pioneer,  and they're on there way to that show on Monday in Michigan.......and the webmaster is on a pretty much all day rehearsal.

But Kilties score was 44.00 even...that one is for sure.   I'll give the office a call tomorrow and get the scores.

Now one thing Chris--in DCM this year, only Saturday shows are judged...so next Sunday or Monday don't look for scores from Hastings or Woodstock.  St. Peter and Waukesha will be judged..not sure about Champlin since it's on a Friday.

1. Scores and recaps are up. http://www.drumcorpsmidwest.com. Its in pdf format. Thanks for posting those scores! Looks like it'll probably be the only way we find out about DCM results since DCI, DCP or From The Pressbox aren't posting them. It looks like CorpsReps did put them up though at least.

....The Kiltie Klassic show on July 5th has a CSJA panel,

plus a guest judging panel.....best of both worlds

2.  So is anyone else hesitant to be okay with the "only judging on Saturdays" idea?  That doesn't make much sense to me.  I understand saving the money and such, but doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of going out and performing that night if you're not going to get any kind of critique or response back on the work you've been doing since the last contest?  Too me not having judges just makes it a large run-through rehearsal in uniform and in front of a crowd.  Anyone have any extra information on why DCM is doing this?

Money would be my first guess, but it beats not performing at all. I do know that the CSJA is used for alot of BOA contest here in the Chicago area.

Edited by TerriDitt57

....The Kiltie Klassic show on July 5th has a CSJA panel,

plus a guest judging panel.....best of both worlds

Not quite Bill...

The Kiltie Klassic show on July 5th will be judged using a combination of a local celebrity judging panel, and a crowd decibel meter (like the old "clap shows).

DCM has come up with standard judging sheets and judging instructions for celebrity judging panels this year.

For the Kiltie Klassic, we have some cool judges lined up including the Mayor of Racine, and local radio personality Mark "Ike" Eichorst.

J.C.