"A night of Magic Review"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More pictures to come! We are doing great Dave, we were looking for you and asked a couple of your people where you were, but this was after the show. We were up in the press box setting up the video equipment.

Heat Wave-the drill is very nice, what I saw of it, I was doing some running around tcb, so that's why I made the vague comment.

I did look for you and Val though, did y'all leave? I sent a message via some of your people. Check the website for reunion details ( Off topic some). We'll be at Orlando DCI will y'all?

did magic really use a metronome for most of their performance ??

a friend said they did, but i don't believe they would do that in uniform.

Yes they did. It was annoying at first, but I understand this was more of dress rehearsal on roids. So I got over it pretty quick. But Magic, once they get some feet issues taken care of, will be a force to be reckoned with.

And why did NO ONE sing...yo ho yo ho a Pirate's Life for Me? :(

But Magic, once they get some feet issues taken care of, will be a force to be reckoned with.

And why did NO ONE sing...yo ho yo ho a Pirate's Life for Me? :(

If a corps has feet issues when they head out on tour...chances are ...they're gonnna have feet issues in August too! Just not enough time on the road to do what needs to get done....that is why the winter program is soooooooooooo important.

I hope i'm wrong....would love to see magic tear it up this summer!

I was hesitant of doing a review because I knew there would be negative comments about them once it got posted, and I'm not going indulge in these negative comments, other then to say they've just learned the drill and they're doing pretty darn good. The guy who made the trolling comments on the other post was obviously angry about something and kudos to dcp for realizing it and closing the thread.

My impression, for what it's worth, is that Magic is doing very well. I was surprised at the metronome at first also, but if anyone hasn't mentioned it, it has been raining here early evening almost every day. Usually it rains about 3-4pm, but it's been more like 5-7pm instead, which I'd assume has really been cutting into their ensemble time on the field. They could have just stood still and claimed safety issues as it had poured for 2 hours, but they decided to march and I for one appreciated it! Can't wait to see the missing props too. I wish I could have stayed for the stand still, I'm sure it rocked.

As for Teal Sound and Heat Wave, they both looked and sounded light years ahead of this time last year. Sorry I can't give you more detail, I was wrangling a sleepy child!

Meredith

magicalumni.homestead.com

They used the metronome for obvious reasons;

They just learned the drill,

They have serious time changes in the drill

To get the kids more comfortable

I had a problem with it at first but after I realized the complex time changes and realized it was more of a dress rehearsal, I got over it. I think it helped them though.