"A night of Magic Review"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did you march Teal Sound Phirefenix? I thought you did a wonderful job! Your drill is looking good for this time of the year. I can't wait to see it develop. Your percussion section is strong. Your brass line sounds great! I think they better watch out for you guys this summer! :)

did magic really use a metronome for most of their performance ??

a friend said they did, but i don't believe they would do that in uniform.

Yes they did. It was annoying at first, but I understand this was more of dress rehearsal on roids. So I got over it pretty quick. But Magic, once they get some feet issues taken care of, will be a force to be reckoned with.

And why did NO ONE sing...yo ho yo ho a Pirate's Life for Me? :(

I had roids during dress rehearsal too. Much better after the Preparation H :sshh:

There is nothing wrong with a member writing a review if you can be truly objective about it. I was skeptical about doing it at first, but I'm just a volunteer with a lot of drum corps experience. I marched 5 years in drum corps so I can give an objective point of view on things. I will not air any dirty laundry if there is any to be aired, nor will I be negative. Negativism serves no purpose. Every one has issues in the beginning of the season and not everyone has their shows completed. I say good luck to all of you hard workers! I won't tolerate bashing of corps, there is no need for it. I don't understand why it gets done, when everyone here has a common purpose we all love drum corps and most have done it or been involved and I don't understand how alumni of their corps can talk bad about their organization. I would never be disloyal to something that I put my heart and soul into. Okay I'll get off my soap box. Anyway good luck to all of you marching this summer! Have a great summer and don't let the negativism bother you! :ramd:

I'd had been looking forward to seeing Magic's production. I loved the movie and its soundtrack. Yes the blasted metronome was a distraction. I was standing near the endzone and didn't get to fully appreciate the quality of the musicanship. What I was able to hear was well played, no apparent busted notes, good dynamics and precision timing (much in thanks to the metronome).

But, I agree with the other reviewer about the marching. Lots of false starts and stops and phasing like crazy. Still, a job well done if in fact the drill had been learned only that weekend as was rumored. I liked the color guard costumes. I think as more guard work is cleaned and choregraphy is added the production will gel together just fine. I love the changes to the corps uniform proper, very classy looking.

Whether it's fair or not, I'm sure a lot of comparisons are going to be made between this production and Madison's '97 show. I think Magic is going to be challenged to develop a story line that is uniquely their own while keeping the same raw emotion, excitement and intensity that made Scouts so entertaining and a crowd favorite. They easily have the talent to do just that. I just hope they keep the momentum going. I can't wait to see them again at DCI Orlando.

Best wishes and good luck this season, Magic! See you at BINGO. B)

Sincerely,

I'd had been looking forward to seeing Magic's production. I loved the movie and its soundtrack. Yes the blasted metronome was a distraction. I was standing near the endzone and didn't get to fully appreciate the quality of the musicanship. What I was able to hear was well played, no apparent busted notes, good dynamics and precision timing (much in thanks to the metronome).

But, I agree with the other reviewer about the marching. Lots of false starts and stops and phasing like crazy. Still, a job well done if in fact the drill had been learned only that weekend as was rumored. I liked the color guard costumes. I think as more guard work is cleaned and choregraphy is added the production will gel together just fine. I love the changes to the corps uniform proper, very classy looking.

Whether it's fair or not, I'm sure a lot of comparisons are going to be made between this production and Madison's '97 show. I think Magic is going to be challenged to develop a story line that is uniquely their own while keeping the same raw emotion, excitement and intensity that made Scouts so entertaining and a crowd favorite. They easily have the talent to do just that. I just hope they keep the momentum going. I can't wait to see them again at DCI Orlando.

Sincerely,

WOW Brian. I loved your review. I had no idea you were so eloquent! Way to go Master Shake.

Sincerely,

This is Brian? From Heat Wave? Quite the writer I see.

So do I call you Brian? HW? Contra? or god? I'll pass on the last one LOL

see you in L-burg

fLoRiDUH eJukaSHuN wUrKEd fUr mE.

:rolleyes: