Another Stockton Review

I was there (see STOCKTON, CA review). I love all Cali corps. I haven't marched either BD or SCV. I have marched with members of both in college. I like SCV, I like BD. The point of all this: to prove my non-biasness when I say that, yes, Vanguard's seemed the hotter show based solely on crowd reaction. They got a standing ovation after their first big hit. BD got a standing ovation when their show ended, as did SCV. So, based on the seldom used "butts-leaving-their-seats" score, I would say Vanguard won. They also looked and sounded cleaner. Just my opinion.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the review, Prof Hill.

Folks, he is entitled to his opinion, and you are entitled not to share it. But don't get too worked up if you can't sway him to change his mind just because you don't agree!

SCV is on fire this year, and the hornline has taken a step up. The drumline is amazing (I actually watched them warm up in the parking lot - something I never do). It also looks like Myron was inspired, and his writing shows it.

BD's show, although it does not have the same crowd appeal yet, is one of the most innovative I have ever seen from them. With corps being rewarded for innovation on the current sheets, this bodes well for them.

From what I hear, Cadets and Cavies also have strong and innovative shows. Should be quite a year.

Feel free to disagree, but realize that you will not change my mind!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^ ^0^