Hayward show

first things first! The jerks that were the announcers were so loud my hearing was shot before the show started then he was being a total idiot drung impulse' warm up.

Someone got up and screamed at him and told him to shut up...no really S H U T U P!!! That somebody was ME!!! (he sut up after that)( and I tell you in 31 years of drum corps shows I've never even shooshed anyone)

Mandarins so you guys think their unis are ugly? I think they are the best looking uniforms ever disigned!!! Clean hornline very clean for a div 2 corps real good snares and the tenors leave a little to be desired. Soloist cracked a couple notes.

impulse they were great last year ...what happened? the hornline was pretty good but that drumline especially the snares (who spent more time goofing off than playing) blew the whole show for them. the pit? what pit that was the lamest pit I have eer seen in my life!!! sorry impulse. overall though it was a very funny show and the music was good. the guy on the drumset can't play for...he just can't period.

oops i skiped one.

Blue devil 'B" wow they were very very good for only 17 horns the drumline was the strong point for sure. those uniforms bwaaa haaa haaa haaa haaaaaaaaaa

star trek all the way (BDB always has ugly uni's so these were actually ok looking).

Esperana Clean horns and drums much much better GE than last year...boy glad they got rid of those high school uniforms (Cadets style ewwww lookin things they had last year). not bad at all not bad. the musical book was very nice.

Vanguard cadets. Whoa!!! Clean drums and horns nice uniforms that don't just blend into the grass (you know where I'm going with this don't you) i'd have to give SCV cadets the edge over mandarins. ( Better drumline than SCV big boys )

Renegades. hmmm a few mistakes by the soloists too bad powereful show.

my son (7 trs tugged on my arm and said daddy this is what Iv'e been waiting for)

what a hornline loud too but after that idiot announcer no body was very loud.

If those guys are there next year I'm getting a refund!!! (the idiot announcer/dj's)

Seattle Cascades!!! wow Clean clean clean very good show all around esp. with the GE

P acific Crest... clean but just something missing don't know what though.

MADISON SCOUTS The winner by a huge margin (did I mention I left before retreat).

if they are lacking it must be in the guard..yea it is but i couldn't care less about ?guard? sorry folks I havent seen a color guard in over 15 years they are called DANCERS Guard moves with precision.

perhaps not the cleanest drumline and hornline but as far as I'm concerned WOW What an impact!!! high GE for sure if not Drums.

Blue Devils..................................................???????????????????????????????????????

what was that? yes that? sorry wayne your opener BLOWS CHUNKS dude!!!!!

but Clean man they were clean. OK put it this way if you went to the bathroom and missed the opener you would have said wow this is the best corps here er uh cleanest.

Only the Drum staff was in attendance and you could see on Scott Johnsons face that he was NOT happy before the show started. They got a silent but kind standing O...stunned everyone was just ummm ok.

and as far as the tenors doing all that stupid out of character horse play stuff sorry not my BD you guy's are supposed to move like machines not dance aroud.

SCV hmm those new uni's make them just blend into the grass they simply don't stand out. the music on itself was very nice I loved it. beutiful music!!

those props???? Lame as........just lame! SCV also got a very silent croud responce.

SCV alimni great as they should be. I had to go though it was getting late and saw them from outside the gate.

My winners Madison, Renegades and SCV cadets for sure. Sorry BD and SCV I'm just not buying it. BD had more impact though as far as wow these guys are clean as ...Clean.

SCV was ......god I thought i'd never say this in my life i do not remember ANYTHING about that show...oh yea clearly the best pit section and wonderfull low hornline wow what tone.

Madison Stole the show without a doubt!!!!

Just a bit about Madison guard...finda way to keep the brown pants up into the black waist thing...nothign worse than seeing butt crack...fincdig out it YELLOW! Their uni is ayellow unitard type thing with a black waist that is attached. for the first half of the show, they wear brown pants which don't always come up to the black waist, so consequently, you end up seeing section of BRIGHT yellow between the brown and black...not the LEAST bit attractive. This was my first viewing of them and I was not impressed.....maybe the show grows on you???

Blue Devils....VERY clean guard....but they still make me want to order Chuck E Cheese Pizza.

SCV - clean guard...lose the box things.

Seattle Cascades - not sure I like the guard unis...part in skirt part in pant...what's the motif here?? What are we going for?

A note about Pacific Crest.......EXCELLENT drilll!!!! Drill design is totally awesome.

It's nearly 3 am and I have to get up for rehearsal in 5 hours....'night!

Miscellaneous Ramblings:

I thought that this was SCV's show. I thought the horn line was stronger and cleaner, and the drill more exciting than BD. I find the green backs of the unis as they go back field distracting. I love the dark sound of the euph (no bari) line. Love the guard with the exception of the boxes. For new guard gimmics, I thought Crest's metal cubes were pretty cool.

BD. OK. I'm a traditionalist. I prefer the non-Quentin Tarantino version of Channel One (i.e. the beginning of the chart at the beginning - not the end). Also, If you are going to play Channel One you need to HEAR the tuba line - very dissappointing! It sounded like one or two tuba's were trying to push the rest but for section balance held back. Maybe you have a tuba soloist if the rest of the line isn't up to the task. Madison and SCV had louder horn lines.

Madison. Aside from SCV Alumni, the biggest crowd pleaser. Love those Loud G bugles. The loudest horn line of the DIV I corps. I thought a very entertainng corps. This is a corps that if they went to DCA instead of DCI would do far better.

Crest. Loved the spinning cubes

Cascades. An up and comer. I think they will have to develop more of a corps personality (same could be said of Crest) if the judges will let them

Mandarins - didn't see the show but heard the warmup. This corps needs to bite the bullet, get a few more bodies and go DIV I. There horn line sounds more like SCV than SCV sometimes. Nice new uni's - not as elaborate (and I'm sure cooler to play in) than the old ones - but still disctinctive.

Drill design. Not much new out there that I can tell. Drill seems to get more similiar as the years progress. Also, do you really need 13 people in the pit? They would have more impact in the battery (SCV could have used 9 snares instead of 7)

oh man i am soo sorry about not mentioning river city.

two words B A S S L I N E

speaking of wich with 7 basses why coulodn't I even hear the bass line from Renegades?

i got to see an old hs friend of mine who plays sop in renegades (doug peterson)

I gave him a cd of music that is long overdue to be played by a corps.

(Frank Zappa's The Grand Wazoo)!!!!

yea SCV alum was real good too bad I was on my way home (had to get up early to start a new job at the SF Zoo) We'd love to do your Banquet there renegades.

think about it will ya!

that hornline SCV had was real dark sounding...the show really just went by without me noticing too much...and that in itself is unheard of.

Usually i like SCV better. ( they were great though it's just BD's show left me in a cloud of misconception)

I guess you can call that extra whipped

and now the award to hottest renegade guard member goes to ....

reneguard chick. Sorry i didn't mean to stare but you were on the feild so..... ;)^