SCV 35th Alumni Performance

Congrats to all of you alums who were able to perform!! What a great time that must have been. I hope to make it to Madison and catch your performance there. B)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all of you alums who were able to perform!!  What a great time that must have been.  I hope to make it to Madison and catch your performance there.   B)

Thanks, Jon, I hope you can make it to Madison, too. I was so overwhelmed by our performance that I was in tears during our first production. And I finally got to perform the Bottle Dance!!!

Can someone please tell me when SCV Alumni Corps will be performing in Madison. I will be there for Semis and Finals, and really don't want to miss seeing them. Whenever we took a vote in the Regiment as to who our favorite corps other than PR was, SCV always won. They will always hold a special place in my heart. :)

Carlos, you are so right. Thanks to all of our great designer/instructors for making this experience possible, especially Scott Pierson, who is the heart and soul of the SCV Alumni Corps. And thanks to our Color Guard show designers/instructors Kathy Pearson, Sherri Aquilina, Lisa Avilla and Peter Gomez.

I love those "old school" unis too. Was honored to wear one at the first DCI in 1972 in Whitewater. Did you know that all of those tunics and guantlets were handmade by a group of SCV moms in one of their homes? Pretty incredible.

Maureen Walter Heckman

SCV 71-75

SCV Alumni Corps 97, 02

Iam so honored to be a part of the SCV 2002 Alumni corps. I never thought I would make it this far but I did! Thank you Sherri, Lisa, Kathy and Peter for all of your time, efforts, hard work and patience! A big Thank you to Scott, I agree you are definitely the heart and soul of the SCV Alumni Corps, because of what you instilled in me back when I marched I have passed on and instilled in my son.

Yes, that is my son, John- David, the Drum Major of the Santa Clara Vanguard, the one in the original 71 uniform, can you believe the Guard Captain is actually wearing my original skirt! What a proud moment for me to see them walk out in those Uniforms! SCV Alumni we ROCK! Madison here we come!

Yes, that is my son, John- David, the Drum Major of the Santa Clara Vanguard, the one in the original 72 uniform, can you believe the Guard Captain is actually wearing my original skirt! What a proud moment for me to see them walk out in those Uniforms!

Mary,

Seeing your son marching out in that uniform (complete with legendary arm-swing) was certainly one of the highlights of this year's drum corps season for me. The memories that came flooding back are simply amazing.

I know. I'm a Blue Devil guy and SCV beat me by a tenth at championships in 1981. I'm not supposed to like them. However, there's something special about that uniform that defies description. Perhaps it was all my friends in the corps, or the years I spent lusting after SCV before I joined the Blue Devils. Whatever it is, seeing that uniform again brings a lump to my throat, even now. Thank you Mary and everyone else in SCV for a truly wonderful evening. I can hardly wait for DCI.

See you on the 50.

- Greg

I hear ya Lisa!!! Got to love those traditions!!!!!!!!