Cortland New York Review

Can't work this Dell of my parents, the tab key just shortcuts to somewhere and the spaces I put in never leave the indentation once the message has been posted.

It has nothing to do with your Dell. Tabs don't work like that in a web based format..

just hit enter an extra time after the last sentence of a paragraph... a space between paragraphs is enough to help us read it better.

:)

Actually, having marched Phantom I hate Cadets, I feel that last year their show was majorly boring and their drumline had watered down parts and shouldn't have won drums. I thought Crossmen (Who was neck and neck with us last finals week) had an easy show with drill demand that was on par for a Div 3 corps of beginners, NOT a top 12 corps. I think that Phantom will beat Crossmen quite easily. But I am not a YEA! fan, infact I think the way they deal with recruiting and running corps is kind of rediculous.

Why do you think YEA! is ridiculous?

Would it be the management of two corps in the top 8?

What are we doing wrong?

Hopkins

Ok, here it is:

After an hour and a half of watching the hornline run and clean the opener and 15 minutes of the ballad, everyone in the stands was told to, "Leave and present your ticket for reentry in an hour."  Just after this the Cadets had a full corps ensemble and run through for about 45 minutes.  I was extremely dissapointed with this, having wanted to get two reads on the complete Cadets show this afternoon.  So I left the stadium and proceeded to the lots to see what I could find...

wow, that is very dissappointing. I know all of the clinics that we did, we would always do the FULL corps rehearsal, and had fun with it. Even though we had to have our shirts on....I've seen pics of the cadets in the same shirts/shorts....kind of interesting, but professional. We just made it another attempt to clean.

I remember that Fiedler would always use a mega phone and explain what was going on, while we were running in between sets, after stopping, and just showing the kids what a practice should be like for your HS Band. (I know I always got killed when I would run back to the set we were trying to clean, and everyone would throw stuff at me if I said anything...)

Thanks for the review though, it was great! (I won't comment about the paragraphs either!)

The Clinic was basically not held after discussion with the sponsor.

At 3:00 pm --- there were 17 people at the clinic.

At 4:00 pm -- there were 38 people in the stands.

We were prepared to begin at 3:00 pm, but with respect to the 17 people

there, the sponsor agreed that we need not create a special performance for those in attendance.

We do many clinics a year ---

but --- they do require an audience.

Hopkins

THanks Hopy!!!! It really helps to have a 'Big Wig' checking in on us and keeping us informed of a great organization.

I know you don't remember me, but we've run into each other a few times over the years...Back in '90, I helped bring Steve Menefee to the December camp for the '91 season. He and I went to school together.

In most recent years, I have seen you, and briefly have said hi, and thanks for the great show....Even though sometimes I don't see I to I on your views, I enjoy what you sometimes bring to the non drum corps public!!! THANK YOU!

Boston will probabbly not beat Crossmen. I misspoke when saying I thought that the way YEA recruited and ran the corps was ridiculous. What I had meant to say was that I didn't think other corps should be competing with the YEA! corps, let alone beating them. The budget of running these corps and the high number of people that go to the first audition camps you'd think that a ring was a sure thing. I am sorry if I offended anyone here on the board and am also appologizing to Mr.Hopkins, I didn't mean to rub anyone the wrong way. And it's pretty obvious that I like what both the corps are doing this year. I just wanted to make my observations seem unbiased, and it seems in the proccess I made myself look like an idiot. I should stay off the computer when I haven't had enough sleep. Anyways thanks for the explanation on the clinic thing too. Later ~