Favorite Drumline visual

pito'evil

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Xmen Cym line was niiiiiiiiice this year aas well

This is a no brainer... North Star's snare stick sunburst from the chrome wall.

The 11 snares stepped off to the first chord of Killian and with one arm thrust out with and extended stick held at different individual angles to create a sunburst or corona affect.

It was one of the first times a visual affect had been used in quite that fashsion and it begat many more. :)

1. the SCV cymbal line

2. the SCV bass lean @ the end of the show (or (this year) opener)

3. the SCV cymbal line

4. the SCV snare stick flick during the "Vanguard!!" yell

5. the SCV cymbal line :angry::wall::grrr::grrr:

Edited by Gbassman5

I'm partial to 27th snareline's simple "inverted V with upraised indexes", but I have to list:

* 27th's drum-to-drum - looks like a machine with matched grip

* the very cool stickwork in SoA's Devil Went Down to Georgia a few bars before the accellerando, in the quieter synchopated taps section

* Bridgemen dl "blowing out" their sticks like a candle

* various northstar things, like their stick-starburst and their kneeling down - looked nice with the chrome wall

* Any three-stick work. My brain is foggy but I seem to recall SoA doing this, or maybe Anaheim (before my time though)

* Any visuals where sticks are thrown from person to person - god that's exposed

I hated stuff like the SCV "abortion" visual. Just doesn't fit SCV's image and is offensive.

Edited by RickCogley

the two I liked from our show this year.

*our take of the abortion visual, tenor starts it, throws it over the line with a stick ripple following it, and the bottom bass kicking it,

*our snares and tenors throwing our sticks out past the pit in closer (I hit a judge :)

but others I like

*Cavies "smack the ***** up" snare vis 2001

*head choppers SCV

*cymbal tosses in any form, us and madison scouts

*other visuals I cant name on here that were done jokingly, but were pretty dirty.

1996 Les Etoiles--

Before the puke racks of the late 90's, we did the "reverse--up field; sidestep; and spin counter clockwise w/our feet---while playing double hand side to side drum parts, and cymbal crashes," all while the gaurd was tossing their rifle's over our heads.

In the begining atages of this effect, while we were learning this there were several black eyes, and cut heads from falling guns.