DCM show in DeKalb, IL.

Thanks for all the nice comments about the Royal Airs.  Saturday was definitely a hard day for us!  We practiced from 10am till noon in the stadium, watched the AWESOME RENEGADES do a run-through, had lunch, then practiced until 6pm.  Those of you in Dekalb know how HOT  ^0^  it was on Saturday!  Then we had a recording session until 7pm.  I'm surprised most of us knew our left foot from our right foot by the time we stepped off just before 11pm! 

I absolutely LOVE marching in Huskie Stadium! (my knees love it, too).  Considering that Pioneer was the only Div. I corps in attendance, I thought it was a rocking good time!!  Let's all do it again next year!!! 

b**bs

Nancy

RA Soprano 2002-2004

I agree! The DCM Championships were AWESOME! I left that show Saturday night feeling better than I have about any DCM Championship in the past 10 years! I can tell you from personal knowledge that each of those corps' management teams fought hard, stood firm, and committed themselves to producing that show and this entire 2004 season, just for you the fans and for the benefit of their members.

Drum Corps Midwest took such a high risk in not folding to DCI, and in doing so, made such an important statement to the entire community by bringing that show to the fans, as only DCM could. Every corps deserves a well earned STANDING OVATION, including those that performed in the nightime contest for the first time in their organization's history! Great corps, great shows, great fans, great champions, a great circuit, and a great drum corps story! I think it was all summed up in the sight and sounds of the retreat ceremony (a Scott Stewart Production), and Roman Blenski's closing remarks to the fans exclaiming an enthusiastic WELCOME BACK to the DCM Championships!

Thanks again DCM, you've proven once again that you really are "The Drum & Bugle Corps People"! Even though clear attempts were made to take that show away from you, and then to crush its potential succces and the success of the entire DCM season itself, you just wouldn't die! Yes!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who cared to be a part of history. Yea, let's do it again next year... and if you know of anyone that loves "real" drum corps, be sure to bring them along. They'll be glad they came too! :lol:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree!  The DCM Championships were AWESOME!  I left that show Saturday night feeling better than I have about any DCM Championship in the past 10 years!  I can tell you from personal knowledge that each of those corps' management teams fought hard, stood firm, and committed themselves to producing that show and this entire 2004 season, just for you the fans and for the benefit of their members.

Thanks again DCM, you've proven once again that you really are "The Drum & Bugle Corps People"!  Even though clear attempts were made to take that show away from you, and then to crush its potential succces and the success of the entire DCM season itself, you just wouldn't die!  Yes!!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who cared to be a part of history.  Yea, let's do it again next year...  and if you know of anyone that loves "real" drum corps, be sure to bring them along.  They'll be glad they came too! :lol:

That sums up what I think about the show right there. Welcome Back DCM indeed :)