DCM show in DeKalb, IL.

Nothing really measured up after the Renegades. I thought the Royal Airs were okay. Hornline was better than three of the senior corps who performed earlier. The guard was nice. Rifles were good. Lots of marching problems, horn angles, stops, starts, intervals, cover and alignment type of things from individuals throughout. The drumline did not play or perform as well as expected after all the hype about them. As far as alumni corps go, still one of the best.

Boy, talk about discouraging - I guess no one saw the Royal Airs perform last night.  We must be wearing our "stealth" suits that don't allow any one to see us...

I know we don't compete - but we do put on a full field show and seem to engage the audience...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, talk about discouraging - I guess no one saw the Royal Airs perform last night. We must be wearing our "stealth" suits that don't allow any one to see us...

My older brother who hasnt been to a corps show since 1978 loved you guys! You guys are great.

Edited by dans24103

Nothing really measured up after the Renegades. I thought the Royal Airs were okay. Hornline was better than three of the senior corps who performed earlier. The guard was nice. Rifles were good. Lots of marching problems, horn angles, stops, starts, intervals, cover and alignment type of things from individuals throughout. The drumline did not play or perform as well as expected after all the hype about them. As far as alumni corps go, still one of the best.

10, 9, 8 . . . another horse bites the dust . . .

According to a poster on the Blue Stars messages board, the Blue Stars received a 1.5 point penalty.

Apparently this penalty was for being under the DIVISION I time minimum - which was obviously incorrect because the Blue Stars are Division II, and I guess those time limits don't apply to Division II corps (please correct me if I'm wrong). So technically, that puts them less than two points behind Pioneer! :)

I talked with a couple Cap Sound people at their souvie booth, they said that the corps was having fun this season and were very happy to be able to still be operating. I liked their new uniforms, without the grey. The jackets look like Vanguard's, but with a black, red, and white color scheme.

Capital Sounds Uni's aren't any different this year. Last year they added the large white stripe where the small silver one used to be.

I'm super excited to see Capital Sound out there this year. And Frank you're right. THey are way better off without the Madison Organization. Look for a stronger and larger corps in the years to come.

I have heard only positive things aobut the future of this corps! From the people I've talked with, they have raised a crap load of money and have way better relations with the City than the Scouts do.

CONGRATS CAP SOUND!! KEEP TRUCKIN ALONG!!!! :silly:

Look I'm sorry Paul. The hornline is the best it's ever been. And the drumline is NOT. I'm sorry if your ego can't take the blow but it's the truth and the facts are the facts.

BTW, it might be time to close up some of those holes in the drill. It looks like swiss cheese and not good from the stands AT ALL.

Have a nice day.

Boy, talk about discouraging - I guess no one saw the Royal Airs perform last night. We must be wearing our "stealth" suits that don't allow any one to see us...

My older brother who hasnt been to a corps show since 1978 loved you guys! You guys are great.

Look I'm sorry Paul.  The hornline is the best it's ever been.  And the drumline is NOT.  I'm sorry if your ego can't take the blow but it's the truth and the facts are the facts.

BTW, it might be time to close up some of those holes in the drill.  It looks like swiss cheese and not good from the stands AT ALL.

I have no idea why you would include those quotes from other folks in your reply to me. You must have been a little confused when you posted.

Speaking of being confused, I thought you were a horn player, not a drummer. When I need a critique of the Royal Airs drum line, I have several credible sources to which I go. But thanks anyway for your sincere, objective opinion on the drum line this year. I'm certain that the guys who are in the line this year, and who also marched the previous two years, must be confused (like your previous post), since they all seem to feel very comfortable with this year's "best yet" edition of the line (as well as virtually everyone else who has seen them).

But then again, my ego must be clouding what I hear. If only I just listened to you more often, I wouldn't be such a head case. Where were role models like you when I was younger? Oh well . . .

P.S. Yep, we had a few holes in the drill. You'd think that these older folks with jobs and families would take their exhibition corps status more seriously. Don't they know what their priorities are? Geez . . .

Edited by Paul Milano

Huh?

Well, anyway, I have been around quite a few drumlines. Helped run and teach a winter line. So I'm sorry you don't respect my opinion but I'm sure quite a few others would.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

I have no idea why you would include those quotes from other folks in your reply to me.  You must have been a little confused when you posted. 

Speaking of being confused, I thought you were a horn player, not a drummer.  When I need a critique of the Royal Airs drum line, I have several credible sources to which I go.  But thanks anyway for your sincere, objective opinion on the drum line this year.  I'm certain that the guys who are in the line this year, and who also marched the previous two years, must be confused (like your previous post), since they all seem to feel very comfortable with this year's "best yet" edition of the line (as well as virtually everyone else who has seen them). 

But then again, my ego must be clouding what I hear.  If only I just listened to you more often, I wouldn't be such a head case.  Where were role models like you when I was younger?  Oh well . . .

P.S.  Yep, we had a few holes in the drill.  You'd think that these older folks with jobs and families would take their exhibition corps status more seriously.  Don't they know what their priorities are?  Geez . . .

Huh?

Well, anyway, I have been around quite a few drumlines.  Helped run and teach a winter line.  So I'm sorry you don't respect my opinion but I'm sure quite a few others would.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

I responded to you privately. These good folks shouldn't have to endure this . . .