DCM show in DeKalb, IL.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently this penalty was for being under the DIVISION I time minimum - which was obviously incorrect because the Blue Stars are Division II, and I guess those time limits don't apply to Division II corps (please correct me if I'm wrong).  So technically, that puts them less than two points behind Pioneer!  :)

Okay, a Blue Stars fan! Me too. I'd like to see the recap of the show. The "Caption Rankings" sheet that I have in my hand does not show any penalty slot at all. Here's to all the hard work that Blue Stars have been putting in... it should pay off in the near and distant future. I hope so for the kids, and for as long as they remain supportive of DCM, also for the sake of the legacy of the Blue Stars.

Please keep in mind that Pioneer works pretty hard themselves. In addition, it took an incredible amount of guts for them to be the only Div. I corps to support DCM. This corps stands loyal to all the DIV. II, III, and Seniors within this entire activity, because they have not forgotten where they came from. It goes without saying that this was not a popular decision from the standpoint of their DIV. I collegues and DCI. They are clearly swimming upstream for their opportunity to survive in the "international community". It is my hope that they not be penalized competitively this season because of their founder's namesake, similarly to what happened to another Wisconsin DIV. I corps a few years ago. By the way, the guy that defined what the "perfect Madison Scout" is has also come out of seclusion and has gone out of his way in support of DCM and the activity as a whole, and on Saturday night many people saw him again for the first time in almost two years... what a moment :)

Pioneer could use your support and encouragement just as much as they support and encourage the Blue Stars in their growth and development.

Just some food for thought :)

Okay, a Blue Stars fan!  Me too.  I'd like to see the recap of the show.  The "Caption Rankings" sheet that I have in my hand does not show any penalty slot at all.  Here's to all the hard work that Blue Stars have been putting in... it should pay off in the near and distant future.  I hope so for the kids, and for as long as they remain supportive of DCM, also for the sake of the legacy of the Blue Stars. 

Please keep in mind that Pioneer works pretty hard themselves.  In addition, it took an incredible amount of guts for them to be the only Div. I corps to support DCM.  This corps stands loyal to all the DIV. II, III, and Seniors within this entire activity, because they have not forgotten where they came from.  It goes without saying that this was not a popular decision from the standpoint of their DIV. I collegues and DCI.  They are clearly swimming upstream for their opportunity to survive in the "international community".  It is my hope that they not be penalized competitively this season because of their founder's namesake, similarly to what happened to another Wisconsin DIV. I corps a few years ago.  By the way, the guy that defined what the "perfect Madison Scout" is has also come out of seclusion and has gone out of his way in support of DCM and the activity as a whole, and on Saturday night many people saw him again for the first time in almost two years... what a moment :)

Pioneer could use your support and encouragement just as much as they support and encourage the Blue Stars in their growth and development.

Well, I really wanted to check out Pioneer as well, but I had to attend our warm-up. I also wanted to see the Bandettes, for the simple reason that I haven't seen an all-girl corps since the days of the Ventures ... but the timing was not to be.

Okay, a Blue Stars fan!  Me too.  I'd like to see the recap of the show.  The "Caption Rankings" sheet that I have in my hand does not show any penalty slot at all.  Here's to all the hard work that Blue Stars have been putting in... it should pay off in the near and distant future.  I hope so for the kids, and for as long as they remain supportive of DCM, also for the sake of the legacy of the Blue Stars. 

Please keep in mind that Pioneer works pretty hard themselves.  In addition, it took an incredible amount of guts for them to be the only Div. I corps to support DCM.  This corps stands loyal to all the DIV. II, III, and Seniors within this entire activity, because they have not forgotten where they came from.  It goes without saying that this was not a popular decision from the standpoint of their DIV. I collegues and DCI.  They are clearly swimming upstream for their opportunity to survive in the "international community".  It is my hope that they not be penalized competitively this season because of their founder's namesake, similarly to what happened to another Wisconsin DIV. I corps a few years ago.  By the way, the guy that defined what the "perfect Madison Scout" is has also come out of seclusion and has gone out of his way in support of DCM and the activity as a whole, and on Saturday night many people saw him again for the first time in almost two years... what a moment :)

I hope I'm not being misinterpreted here! I was just surprised at how close the two corps are competitively! I saw Pioneer's show earlier this year, and I loved it!! I thought it was great!!!! They definitely have a strong hornline and smokin' percussion!!! However, if it seems that I was a little biased toward the Blue Stars it's because I'm going to audition for them in November!!!!! I can't wait!!!!! ANYWAY, congrats to both Pioneer and the Blue Stars (as well as all the other corps that have stood by DCM) and continued success in the future!!!

Edited by jaredmusicman03

A couple of comments:

- DCM uses only division I sheets. They also stick to the division I time limits for shows (10:00 to 11:30). So if a corps like Blue Stars performs a 9:00 show (legal in DCI Division II/III), they will take a penalty in DCM.

- The lack of comments on the Royal Airs is no reflection on your performance. Remember that most corps members missed you, as they were assembling for finale. From where I was, you guys won the high-decibel award for the night, and I was surprised at how well you recreated that drum solo from '75 Cavaliers' show.