DCM show in DeKalb, IL.

A couple of comments:

- DCM uses only division I sheets.  They also stick to the division I time limits for shows (10:00 to 11:30).  So if a corps like Blue Stars performs a 9:00 show (legal in DCI Division II/III), they will take a penalty in DCM. 

Well, the weird thing about that is the fact that they weren't penalized for this at an earlier DCM show... :silly: Not saying you're wrong, just that it's weird.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe DCM honored the lower time limits earlier this year....and last year....for the Div II/III corps. No big deal. Just seems odd they wouldn't make the consolation at DeKalb when 95% of the junior corps were II/III.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the season and I can't wait to see everyone in Denver....everyone's made great strides so far this summer!

- The lack of comments on the Royal Airs is no reflection on your performance. Remember that most corps members missed you, as they were assembling for finale. From where I was, you guys won the high-decibel award for the night, and I was surprised at how well you recreated that drum solo from '75 Cavaliers' show.

It's not that surprising. Most of those guys marched in Cavaliers in the '70's.

Boy, talk about discouraging - I guess no one saw the Royal Airs perform last night.  We must be wearing our "stealth" suits that don't allow any one to see us...

I know we don't compete - but we do put on a full field show and seem to engage the audience...

Shhhhh .... don't tell the Renegades ... but I #### near missed retreat all together because I was on the front side line watching the Royal Airs. I LOVE seeing the old school stuff on the field ... especially the rifle line. It's good to see rifles spin again.

I saw the corps at DCI in 2002 and loved them then too. :silly:

The lack of comments on the Royal Airs is no reflection on your performance.  Remember that most corps members missed you, as they were assembling for finale.  From where I was, you guys won the high-decibel award for the night, and I was surprised at how well you recreated that drum solo from '75 Cavaliers' show.

Thanks for the kind words. Yep, we enjoy playing the '75 Cavaliers' drum solo. It was a bit after our time with the Cavies (most of the snare line is "green"), but we've had fun with it.

I watched the Royal Aires from the sideline, and I was late to retreat. I loved your show! I loved the guards traditional uniforms, The high mark time while spinning rifles. But what I loved most of all was the enthusiasm that your, well how can I say this? The drum major that is a man of color. He is the most bad ###ed drum major I have ever seen!!!! He loves what he's doing and it shows. You have a huge sound. You all should be Robo proud of your performance. Travler Garvey

Renegade Soprano.

By the way, I have never felt more welcomed at any event ever. You midwestern guys and gals Kick @ss! Thank you

I watched the Royal Aires from the sideline, and I was late to retreat. I loved your show! I loved the guards traditional uniforms, The high mark time while spinning rifles. But what I loved most of all was the enthusiasm that your,  well how can I say this? The drum major that is a man of color. He is the most bad ###ed drum major I have ever seen!!!! He loves what he's doing and it shows. You have a huge sound. You all should be Robo proud of your performance. Travler Garvey

Renegade Soprano.

By the way, I have never felt more welcomed at any event ever. You midwestern guys and gals Kick @ss! Thank you

I believe that's Roderick Saunders (I hope I didn't misspell his name) that you're referring to -- former DM from Phantom (mid-90's).

I was blown away by the Royal Aires when I saw them in Waukesha at Pioneer's home show. Such a loud sound, totally filled the field and kept moving. I knew nothing about the corps but I did notice many similarities to the 'old school style' that I always hear so much about. I was really entertained and loved seeing some of the throw back stuff (honor guard, old-style rifle lines, more straight-line/military drill, etc.) Plus the left-most (from stands) cymbal player looks like he's having the time of his life out there in the opener, crashing away on those plates :). And now that you say the DM's name, I do think he looked familar from seeing pictures/videos of Phantom in the past. Very cool.

Thanks for all the nice comments about the Royal Airs. Saturday was definitely a hard day for us! We practiced from 10am till noon in the stadium, watched the AWESOME RENEGADES do a run-through, had lunch, then practiced until 6pm. Those of you in Dekalb know how HOT ^0^ it was on Saturday! Then we had a recording session until 7pm. I'm surprised most of us knew our left foot from our right foot by the time we stepped off just before 11pm!

I absolutely LOVE marching in Huskie Stadium! (my knees love it, too). Considering that Pioneer was the only Div. I corps in attendance, I thought it was a rocking good time!! Let's all do it again next year!!!

b**bs

Nancy

RA Soprano 2002-2004