DCAS Winston-Salem

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to hear some reviews of this show. Wasn't able to make the trip to NC. Noticed MCL was missing from tonight's line-up. Their sound was impressive in Rockmart.

Anyone who attended the show in NC would like to hear your take on the corps and their score. :silly:

Due to volunteering for CV, I was only able to see CV and Gold. Gold was much stronger today, and I think they got a big lift for it being their "home show". What they are doing is good and quite clean, however I don't see the difficulty, in any area, that CV has. The music is also a little dark for my taste. When I think Dave Matthews, I think light and fun. The arranging for this group is dark, borderline moody. It's good, just not what I would have done.

CV is dirty right now, but MAN OH MAN...when this show gets clean...they are going to have people throwing babies in Scranton! As my friend's 12 year old son said, "I've never seen old people move that fast before!" All 11 minutes are FULL of GE. It truly is something that you will need to see.

Anybody coming to Jacksonville or Birmingham this week, GET THERE FOR THE START OF THE SHOW AND DO NOT MISS CV! For 44 horns, it may be the loudest thing you hear all night! (God bless a G Horn line!)

Edited by usmpiano

Unfortunately MCL did not go to the Winston-Salem show. We had talked about going earlier in the year but, since we were all driving to our shows this year, we opted not to go.

Barijazz, thank you for the positive feedback on our show. We work realy hard on our sound and appreciate it when people take notice. Hope everyone had a good show in W-S. Wish we could have been there.

Edited by MCL_Contra

It was great to have all the new folks down!! I hope the bus ride wasn't too horrible Gforce! MCL - I only got to hear you guys play at retreat, but I love the sound you guys have!!!! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Thanks Lisa. You guys looked and sounded awesome. Good luck the rest of the season.

Maybe you'll get a chance to see us at mini-corps in Scranton.