DCAS Winston-Salem

Due to volunteering for CV, I was only able to see CV and Gold. Gold was much stronger today, and I think they got a big lift for it being their "home show". What they are doing is good and quite clean, however I don't see the difficulty, in any area, that CV has. The music is also a little dark for my taste. When I think Dave Matthews, I think light and fun. The arranging for this group is dark, borderline moody. It's good, just not what I would have done.

CV is dirty right now, but MAN OH MAN...when this show gets clean...they are going to have people throwing babies in Scranton! As my friend's 12 year old son said, "I've never seen old people move that fast before!" All 11 minutes are FULL of GE. It truly is something that you will need to see.

Anybody coming to Jacksonville or Birmingham this week, GET THERE FOR THE START OF THE SHOW AND DO NOT MISS CV! For 44 horns, it may be the loudest thing you hear all night! (God bless a G Horn line!)

No advantage at home......we are coming.......if that applies, then cant we credit such a large margin on saturday night to it being CV's home show?? hmmmm......we are coming..........AND Congrats to the Carolina Gold Percussion section...WE now own the south....two nights in a row!!!!

Edited by Fire n' Ice

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was impressed by everyone's efforts in the DCA South, and I know everyone was (or should be) appreciative of all those who made quite a drive to be out there, especially G-force and Gulf Coast. Music City, I wish you guys could have been at our show as well, but I understand why you guys had to head back. There's nothing like staging travel for a first year corps, so thank you all for coming out. If we all keep working this hard, there's no question that we'll be able to make the South a force to be reckoned with. Best of Luck to Everyone until we meet again!

My butt is still recovering from the ride to Rockmart and Winston-Salem.

It's going to be real sore coming back from Orlando.

I got to talk to a few folks from G Force and MCL. Seem like nice folks. Thanx for making the trip, that goes for all of the others too.

Those folks from Orlando must have Iron Butts!!! (or really comfortable seats)

Well said Dave... Thanks to all the corps!!!!

Music City Legend sounded and looked great!!!! Can't wait to throw them in the mix next year.

CorpsVets have a awesome hornline as always. They will definitely be a force in Scranton.

Heatwave did really well also. Sounded like they really had the crowd into the show. They seem to be on their way to defending thier Class A championship.

Carolina Gold is coming.....

Didn't really get to hear anyone else over the weekend. Can't wait to see every one again!!!

Keith, that is so funny!!!!! Orlando is a long ways away! The haul from Rockmart to Winston-Salem was too! Comfy seats are a must! :)

My butt is still recovering from the ride to Rockmart and Winston-Salem.

It's going to be real sore coming back from Orlando.

I got to talk to a few folks from G Force and MCL.  Seem like nice folks.  Thanx for making the trip, that goes for all of the others too.

Those folks from Orlando must have Iron Butts!!! (or really comfortable seats)

No kidding, Keith. I'm still wondering how they stayed on the bus long enough to make it up to Lewisburg, PA :).

Edited by Dasro_Kast

Two Words:  Stop Juice  :mmm:

Mmm...Stop Juice. I am not waiting to debut Caution Juice by itself. I am going all out for the, "Traffic Jam" when we go up to Providence, RI.

Anywho, I would like to congratulate EVERYONE for an awesome DCAS weekend. It is one for the personal highlight film. I only got to see CV and Gold, but I know that everyone else did a bang up job as well! CV and Gold are going to be HOT this year. I cannot wait to see everyone again in Orlando. I feel there is a great camaraderie with all the DCAS drum majors. I felt so comfortable and at home with each and every one the DMs. (even though Vic punk'd me out in front of all you nice people) Thank you for making my weekend so memorable.

It was truly a great one.

Now go to our site and get your dern tickets for the champeenship B)

Heat Wave of Orlando

It is a pretty good possibility to have Heat Wave, Carolina Gold, and CorpsVets performing on Finals night. All of us have the shows to do it and it would make a statement about how good DCA South is.