Riverside, CA review...

The Santa Ana show was the first DCI show that I have ever attended, and I was completely blown away not only by the hard work of the kids in the corps but with the warmth of those attending. Sitting to the left of my husband after his performance was a member of the exhibition only group that did their thing at Santa Ana. Behind me was a SoCal Dream alumni, and another alumni of SCV in front of me. All of them were supportive of my attention to the Cascades as they marched regally onto the field, full of spirit and determination.

My son is the solo mellophone player for Cascades....but being a kid he didn't tell me about it. I'm looking all over the brass section for my son who I hadn't seen since Christmas....I don't see him...oh no...where's my son. Then I hear this sound rising strongly from the front of the group...OMG it's my son. Way to go kid....especially for a first year corp member....am I a proud parent....that's for d### sure.

But to hear the input of these alumni about the Cascades performance was warming....they only got the bronze, but the kids were more excited about breaking the 80 point barrier than their placement. It was a hurdle that they had to overcome and they did it well it seems. Since then, looking at the scores, they have set a momentum and determination to get them to the finals within the top 10.

If any of you all get a chance to see them perform...the show is clean for the most part...the color guard enhanced the show rather than detracting from the music performance, and dang it....their heart is really in it!

Yep....a gloating Cascades Mama...

CM

Hello Cascades Mama,

Glad to hear your Comments about the Show, Iam also avery proud Cascades Parent. My son is the Solo soprano player during the Ballad in the show. I haven't seen my son since July 4 in Ashland. Can't wait to see him at the homecoming show in Seattle.Top 10 in San Antonio and top 10 in Madison

A Very Proud Cascade Parent :D

Hello Cascades Mama,

Glad to hear your Comments about the Show, Iam also avery proud Cascades Parent. My son is the Solo soprano player during the Ballad in the show. I haven't seen my son since July 4 in Ashland. Can't wait to see him at the homecoming show in Seattle.Top 10 in San Antonio  and top 10 in Madison

A Very Proud Cascade Parent :D

Both the Sop and Mello soloists are getting cleaner and cleaner. In Phoenix, the show was magical.

I so wanted to get my daughter involved in the cascades program next year, but we moved to Phoenix. :(

I am so proud of what this corps is doing for the NW, and Drum Corps in general. It's good for all of us.

Keep up the great work Seattle!

How do you like me now?) B)

:D Glad to hear that the Phoenix show was magical! My son's been more on the road this past year than at school it seems with all the things he's been involved it. He was in Madison with the OMB basketball band for the Elite Eight, and at Phoenix previously for the college football playoffs. At least he feels comfortable in those cities.

His first corp was the Blue Knights when he was 16, but that only lasted about a week....joined them mid-tour and was too young to understand what he was getting into. Then he tried out for the Vanguards, made it, but too long of a drive to make each weekend for camp. Ah....the Cascades...friends and school music directors working with the Cascades...a home. Yep, it's a good fit and he's enjoying it so much.

I'm so totally addicted to this now, that by the time the season is over everyone is going to be sick of me at work talking about it. LOL!

CM

P.S. Love ya now!

Don't worry Cascades Mama,

I'm the same way at work talk ,talk about my son and what he is doing. I am so proud of how well he is doing. I just love to hear reviews about how well he is doing as a soloist. Because I'm a musician also and I know how demanding the solo he is playing is. Yor son sounds great also, if you want I have a MP3 recording of the Woodburn show I could send you. Let me know.

Ben's Dad and Proud to be a Cascade Parent :D :D :D :D

Gosh you guys, I am so jealous that I am not a Cascades dad. :blink:

I am however beaming with joy because these kids have so much heart. If I get a chance to go back up to Seattle for homecoming, I will be so happy.

Cascades Dad wanna be :(

(How do you like me now?) B)