Cincinnati-7/13

Wow. In many, many years of DCI, I've never enjoyed a full slate this much. Every corps has redefined entertainment. The East Coast can teach a few lessons! Hands down, all 6 corps were FAR more interesting than the midwest contingent (save Cavies, who I have yet to view).

Magic will probably sweep Div 2. Great design.. very nice pace to the show. Congrats!!

Crown is MUCH more fun than what all this reading has led me to believe. The CONTENT of the color guard astounded me; the EXCELLENCE did not, but the book is terrific. I loved the mythological theme as well. GREAT music (esp. "Medusa")!

Spirit: I'll admit that I've never cared for this corps.. just never pushed my buttons---until last night. Great job. great show, great staging. They won me over.. although the ghost of Freddie Martin's "balls to the wall" hornline hovers too closely:)

Crossmen, I was told, were WAY off last night. Really? Hoo boy, I'd like to see them ON! Great repertoire.. they march nearly as fast as big brother. The sop line plays with more intensity than they've ever had!

Boston.. again, i've always found them ho-hum.. this is a kinder, gentler Crusaders' show in terms of demand/exposure, but it's a heck of a thrill! The Artie Shaw closer is stupendous!

I was tentative about Cadets, as I've read "they've already done this." I saw almost no similarity to 1995 (other than the final pose and the production number). With a tenth row seat in one of Ohio's crappiest stadiums (next to US Open in Marion), it was impossible to see the drill--- but the drums and horns are OFF the charts. Could these sops (whatever) rival any BD team? I say yes. Man, oh man, this is one helluva show! During the (oh my God) THIRTY minute intermission, I watched the guard practice.. one of the techs said they were WAY off (6 sabre drops.. i saw none)... but I'll say this: nothing will be settled until Saturday night in Camp Randall. I would have liked to hear the beginning of the closer, but the crowd was STILL going apes###e over BWBB (which, by the way, is the performance of the year).

CONGRATS, EAST COAST!!! You've brought drum corps back to its audience!!!! I hope y'all step on some very big toes next month.

Fairfield HS: the building itself looks like a trillion-dollar design with three huge parking lots and a huge empty grassland... so WHY WHY WHY must everyone be shuttled to the stadium (three counties over, i think)???

Oh.. message to Scott from MV, OH... email me re Wisconsin!! (we were talking downtown) :blink: <-- BWBB reaction

My reply turned into a full-fledged review so I reposted it under it's own topic...... Here I thought I was only going to interject a few thoughts :D