Orlando Thoughts...

1.  Nothing that the Cadets create is bad.

2.  No corps can march/play/spin/drum as well as the Cadets. 

3.  Anyone who doesn't like any part of the Cadets is a Cadet Basher and must be assimilated.

Resistance is Futile.

This is funny! :)

That said, it's ridiculous to think that every Cadet fan is assimilated into the Cadet thought process. HAHA!

I love the Cadets, but I will not be afraid to say when I don't like one of their shows (I have ripped them for their rendition of Prelude, Fugue, and Riffs). I loved last year's show, and the kids were robbed of second place. That said, this year's show repertoire is <**> . My prediction is a fourth place finish. I will credit them for at least trying something different.

BTW, seeing how the Cadets have won the drum trophy for 3 years straight, it's not wrong to say that no corps can DRUM as well as the Cadets! :P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think after #2 you should add twirl into the mix :P

Guest Ted Striker

Nikk,

Your comments are awesome and much appreciated. On a side note, my wife just thinks that you are the hottest thing since apple pie. Don't ask.

I am of the ilk that believes: just because you have won a championship in the past doesn't give you special privileges. This year is no different.

When I posted earlier this year that the Cadets would probably endure another 1991 season (mostly because of programming), I was lambasted. I would love to chat with you about this sometime, as you sound very informed--and yes I know your credentials.

The show in Massilon on Sunday (headlining with Cadets, Phantom, and Bluecoats) should be very interesting...

Later,

Ted Striker

Ted,

The statement of just because you have won a championship in the past doesn't give you special privileges is so true. Unfortunately, it applies to all the top corps. We need a shakeup in the top six to keep things interesting and keep the status quo from the feeling of comfort. Just because you have a name like "Cadets" does not make you a top six corp. I can't wait to see their show and will give my honest unbiased opinion. Who know's, it may be my favorite, but not if they do that stupid chromatic scale trademark.

Yeah, well this I can agree with.  Bluecoats are smoking, and I frankly believe they have a better product than both Regiment and Cadets.

WOW. I always agree with you Nikk, but I just can't on this one. I hope that their show last Thursday in Atlanta was a REALLY REALLY BAD show for them, but the show is atroctious, outside of the great opening. The ENTIRE SHOW was a front to back ensemble tear with the percussion trying to rush the brass, and I really mean the ENTIRE show. I love Hunting Wabbits, but I didn't get the way it was integreated into the show. The tag was very very very dirty musically as well. I'll give it one more chance on the APDs, but I'm not very hopeful for it.

Your comments are awesome and much appreciated.  On a side note, my wife just thinks that you are the hottest thing since apple pie.  Don't ask.

What what what??? When has your wife ever seen me?

I am of the ilk that believes:  just because you have won a championship in the past doesn't give you special privileges. This year is no different.

I only wish all the corps were held to that.

The show in Massilon on Sunday (headlining with Cadets, Phantom, and Bluecoats) should be very interesting...

Indeed...looking forward to it, though I suspect we know the results already.

WOW. I always agree with you Nikk, but I just can't on this one. I hope that their show last Thursday in Atlanta was a REALLY REALLY BAD show for them, but the show is atroctious, outside of the great opening. The ENTIRE SHOW was a front to back ensemble tear with the percussion trying to rush the brass, and I really mean the ENTIRE show. I love Hunting Wabbits, but I didn't get the way it was integreated into the show. The tag was very very very dirty musically as well. I'll give it one more chance on the APDs, but I'm not very hopeful for it.

Must have been a bad show. I thought they were pretty darn hot in Orlando. I was afraid they were going to catch up to Regiment.

Guest Ted Striker

Nikk,

Everybody has seen your mugshot on the PBS telecast. I swear, when I would leave the room, I think I could hear my wife would pause the VCR tape.

Take it as a compliment. She is not a stalker and she has not (at least that I know of) met you.

I always enjoy your comments.

Ted Striker

Nikk,

Everybody has seen your mugshot on the PBS telecast.  I swear, when I would leave the room, I think I could hear my wife would pause the VCR tape.

Take it as a compliment. She is not a stalker and she has not (at least that I know of) met you.

I always enjoy your comments.

Ted Striker

Ugh! That thing? I was wet and the dang lights were too bright, making me look ultra pale. I definitely think I look better now than back then...

A little worse for wear, a few more wrinkles, and a few gray hairs I didn't have before, but better still... :P

This has been quite a thread. I thought I was the most rabid Cadet-disrespecter out there, but I actually liked their show this year. They actually march this year, although it makes me chuckle to hear the comment about their drill being as hard as the Cavaliers'. Maybe because they straight-leg it...

I agree that the Bluecoats are where it's at. My boyz are teaching them to march. Go Mitch, Mike, Tony, George!