Orlando Thoughts...

Yah know Nikk - I am hardly a member of the "Cadet Borg" - but whatever you want to believe is fine.

Good grief.  <**>

And I quote: "So that's that Nikk - you state your opinion on DCP regarding the Cadets - I will from this moment forward never comment on those opinions or comments in any regard."

Well, THAT didn't last too long, did it?

It's all good. I could also turn it around on you and say...

"Yah know George, I don't hate the Cadets -but whatever you want to believe is fine.

Good grief. <**>

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather held up, I was pleasantly surprised, and I stayed at a hotel very close to the Citrus Bowl for a change...I was literally a couple of miles away, as opposed to the last 4 championship years, when I was always 30-45 minutes away.

at least you didn't get horrible directions and end up driving for an hour in circles around the ghettos of Orlando when your hotel was only 5 minutes away from the Bowl. <_< :lol::lol::lol: :ramd: :lol:-

One more thing....

Can we please get rid of the stupidly annoying sideline interviews?

Dan Acheson is not a comedian. I cringed when he was trying to be funny. And while the girl is very nice, I am sure...her voice grates on me. Everyone around me was cringing. At the very least, turn down the volume when you are doing those interviews...

And I quote:  "So that's that Nikk - you state your opinion on DCP regarding the Cadets - I will from this moment forward never comment on those opinions or comments in any regard."

Well, THAT didn't last too long, did it?

Uh - Nikk - how exactly is calling me a "member of the cadet borg" a comment regarding the corps? That comment was directed toward me.

You talk about the Cadets and I won't comment on it.

Got it? You make silly comments about me and I have every right to retort - as does anyone.

Edited by George

One more thing....

Can we please get rid of the stupidly annoying sideline interviews?

Dan Acheson is not a comedian.  I cringed when he was trying to be funny.  And while the girl is very nice, I am sure...her voice grates on me.  Everyone around me was cringing.  At the very least, turn down the volume when you are doing those interviews...

I agree, between the interviews and ads it must be annoying marching onto the field and hearing "Yamaha, play your best!"

It was funny though when BD was coming out and in one of the ads the announcer says "Here comes the Blue Devils." I thought it was funny.

I also hated the announcer, he is the BOA announcer. He's so monotone and didn't get into it.

Yah know Nikk - I am hardly a member of the "Cadet Borg" - but whatever you want to believe is fine.

Good grief.  <**>

It's alright, George. He'll be proven wrong in a few weeks by the corps. They have one of their best shows in years.

It's alright, George.  He'll be proven wrong in a few weeks by the corps.  They have one of their best shows in years.

Uh....no they don't. Last year's show has chunks of this year's show in its stool. The 2000 show puts this year's show to shame. The 1997 show would ##### slap this year's show.

The Cadets' show this year is boring musically and visually...there, I said it. Last year's show had SO MUCH MORE excitement and demand, not to mention variety. Most of Cadets' show sounded like elevator music. I have NO DOUBT that they will clean it up and be a lot less dirty than they were in Orlando...but that isn't going to make it any more exciting (same goes for Phantom). Both Regiment and Cadets will be clean by the end (with Cadets probably a tad cleaner), but that isn't going to change the fact that their music and visual program is not as good as last year's, or even the year before (and I really disliked THAT show).

For you to think otherwise is very interesting.

And George, as for you...what can I say? You ARE a Cadet Borg, but it's ok. You should be proud of it. It seems most of the other Cadet Borg (like TXMystreaux) revel in their Borgness. (By the way, I never came out and said you were a member of the Cadet Borg in the original post before...I said you had bias...YOU were the one who made the initial comment about NOT being a member of the Borg....though I disagree).

:P

(All kidding and ribbing aside, do most fans of the Cadets really feel like this? Do you guys really think this is one of their best shows in years? I am very curious, because I don't think it stacks up AT ALL to their 2000, 2001, or 2003 shows).

Edited by Tsar Nikk

I'm the opposite, Nikk--last year's show was good (though no better than that--fun, but not exciting or especially memorable), but I love this year's show. Granted, it's been a month since I saw it, but I can't imagine it got worse.

I'm the opposite, Nikk--last year's show was good (though no better than that--fun, but not exciting or especially memorable), but I love this year's show.  Granted, it's been a month since I saw it, but I can't imagine it got worse.

I like this years show, based on the ADP or APD, whatever it is. I would say I definitely like it better than their 1998 or 2000 shows. They are actually probably my least favorite Cadet/Garfield shows since I first saw them in 1984.

I can't wait for Murphree, when they're all together.

Uh....no they don't.  Last year's show has chunks of this year's show in its stool.  The 2000 show puts this year's show to shame.  The 1997 show would ##### slap this year's show.

The Cadets' show this year is boring musically and visually...there, I said it.  Last year's show had SO MUCH MORE excitement and demand, not to mention variety.  Most of Cadets' show sounded like elevator music.  I have NO DOUBT that they will clean it up and be a lot less dirty than they were in Orlando...but that isn't going to make it any more exciting (same goes for Phantom).  Both Regiment and Cadets will be clean by the end (with Cadets probably a tad cleaner), but that isn't going to change the fact that their music and visual program is not as good as last year's, or even the year before (and I really disliked THAT show).

For you to think otherwise is very interesting.

And George, as for you...what can I say?  You ARE a Cadet Borg, but it's ok.  You should be proud of it.  It seems most of the other Cadet Borg (like TXMystreaux) revel in their Borgness.  (By the way, I never came out and said you were a member of the Cadet Borg in the original post before...I said you had bias...YOU were the one who made the initial comment about NOT being a member of the Borg....though I disagree).

:P

(All kidding and ribbing aside, do most fans of the Cadets really feel like this?  Do you guys really think this is one of their best shows in years?  I am very curious, because I don't think it stacks up AT ALL to their 2000, 2001, or 2003 shows).

LOL! You act like those of us who like it are in the minority.

This show reminds me so much of a lot of their 90's shows. . .melodic, yet unfamiliar music, vintage Sacktig drill, great brass arrangements by Bocook, great guard book being well performed, awesome drumline. This show is not very much different than the ones listed on the favorite Cadets Championship Shows thread.

Yes, this show will finish in the top 4, more than likely top 3. The show is that good, and the performers are that good. No offense to your opinion, Nikk, but you are the one in the minority here.

Edited by TXMystreaux