Oh yes - the Hershey show - a memorable event for a 21 year old! The 1976 corp rocked and I am so proud to have been a part of a such a fantastic season. I can honestly say that the corp had a mindset that we knew we would win before each and every show. Hard work, a great team approach, a fantastic crowd pleasing program, a super staff and of course COS - led us to a DCA Championship!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B) That was indeed a great season 1976 as I read the recollections of the people I marched with back then, it brings to mind all the great memories. It was a great season. By the way we finished next to last in Baltimore tied with the Skyliners. Veterans Stadium was an interesting place to compete LOL Does anyone remember the penalty in prelims? Boy the rules and the shows have changed from that season but the friendships and the fun remain. The bus ride home after finals is something that I will never forget. Every year has it's moments some rise above the rest 1976 was one of them :)

Mike Ryan

Caballeros 1975-2004

• 1 month later...
I have a recording of the 1976 Cabs show.  It's one of my all time favorite drum corps recordings.  The soloists are amazing and the whole program rocks.

I'd like to learn more info about that show.  Is there a tape of the visual performance?  (and if there is could I borrow it?)  Was Jimmy Russo DM?  What did he wear at finals?  Who were the soloists?  Are they still around?  Any stories abot the corps from that year?

'84 is another of my favorite years.  I'd love to read some stories about that year, too.

Yes. Jimmy Russo was DM that year. He also has a video of '76 Cabs. (I've seen it at his house in Fairlawn, NJ.) Without a doubt, '76 Cabs is the best Senior Drum Corps show I have ever heard. I am a Sop soloist. I learned ALL the solo's from a cassette tape back in 1982. I can still play them by memory. Echano rocks!!

SoloSop420