My Centerville Musings

Just a qick thought here. I don't necessicarily like BDs shows, but i can respect what they do. Especially at their level,,, i mean seruiously, whens the last time they were out of the top 3? Even if you don't like what they're doing, don't bash it saying its not good, their scores prove otherwise. Give them the respect they've earned over the past X amount of years.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are getting "bashed" Lady because they are NOT good!!!!

Listen to the ADP from orlando and you will understand.

Or, maybe your into bad sounding Drum Corp.

wow......... <**>

I don't need to listen to it I was in Orlando and I heard it for myself and I know wonderful drum corps when I hear it.

Hey, SCVFan how can you name yourself that and then bash the very corps? <**>

Did you ever march with a corps?

I know what i heard at Centerville, and it was nothing even remotly close to being "NOT good" by any standards. I think the judges decide if its bad or not. Thats why they have the college degrees and many years of experience. If they were so "NOT good", they wouldn't be scoring so high.

Hey Lance,

There is no use this person is obviously looking for an argument. But thanks for thumbs down.. :)

I mean anyone who "claims" themself an SCV fan then bashes them and considers them not to be "good" drum corps..you know something has to be wrong....

:feednotroll:

It just frustrates to see such a great show that i saw SCV perform tuesday get bashed. That was my first time ever seeing SCV and BD live and loved both their shows. Im a pretty young fan, so it was a real treat for me. Of course there are pros and cons of every show, but no corps deserves that kind of bashing. Ive kept quiet all season with all the bashing going around, and now that ive seen both BD and SCV, i just felt that i'd put my 2 cents worth in.

Edited by stickman882002

I marched 3 years.

Lancer,

if you call what I heard as "good" then I guess I know nothing. do you know anything about musicanship?

It starts off with the trumpet solo that speads his tone across the whole field.

They hardly played in tune. Especially the sops. Big holes in the sound. The mello's in the ballad could not even play their opening statment together. At the end the big bores could not even keep up and ran out of gas.

So, if that is good then I guess they were great.

I am not bashing. I am just stating what I heard. It was not a good performance. I thought Walnut sounded better! If they keep up with that type of sound they will loose to Madison in horns.

I marched 3 years.

It starts off with the trumpet solo that speads his tone across the whole field.

That's my kid that plays the solo. This is his first year with SCV and I'm as proud of him as a Dad can be.

I really don't take anything you say too seriously though. I've read many of your comments on quite a few threads and it goes from ripping the visual staff to tearing into their music. You must be a very sad and lonley person that was hurt real bad to say the things you have said about the group you were once part of.

Don't worry DCDAD, you have every right to be proud... He's doing a great job and is only getting better.

As far as SCVFan, excuse me for calling you an Idiot... but you're an idiot. Your basing your claims on a crummy pit heavy recording in which everyone has already claimed sounds worse then the Seattle APDs. The fact that you are basing your "facts" on a recording and not a LIVE VIEWING already makes your opinion invalid, yet you continue to state it. This is a review thread, not a I heard the Orlando APD so I know about the Ohio show thread.

I agree with everyone who believes BD is a little overrated this year. Their show is a few bars of playing, some percussive stuff and then a trumpet solo. That doesn't strike me as incredibly hard. What is hard is playing together, in tune, with great sound quality, without showboating, while marching some crazy drill. Even the Cadets do that better this year. In terms of REAL shows... I would have to say BD ranks 4th in my book.

But then again, if I had a few good trumpet players... Why not base a show around them. Everyone is gonna buy it as a "Great Brass Section" SCV sounds great live, and these APDs do NO ONE justice.

Edited by cobra