Best Baritone Soloists

Mahler

Since I got involved with drum in 1976, I have heard many, many baritone players.  Jerome Kimbrough is simply the best I've heard.

I do like Brian Law, though...and since he likes Philadelphia teams, I may just change my vote.

Nope...it's Jerome with no doubt.

Who are you and where did you hide the pod.

Thanks. :)

Another: Phantom '91, beginning of Pagliacci

Kinda makes you wonder why you don't typically hear very many baritone solos these days. The most recent I can recall was from last year's Pacific Crest show, and that didn't sound especially good compared to some of the more classic solos mentioned on here.

Has baritone soloing become a lost art in drum corps?

Since I got involved with drum in 1976, I have heard many, many baritone players.  Jerome Kimbrough is simply the best I've heard.

I do like Brian Law, though...and since he likes Philadelphia teams, I may just change my vote.

Nope...it's Jerome with no doubt.

:P

How many years in a row did Brian win I&E?? I thought I was going to go up against him in 02...but he was a no show even though his name was on the list. So that didn't happen.

:lol:

Frank - I will concur with #'s 2, 5 and 8...along with Pooh Bear.  But I will always hold a spot in my heart for my long time friend ( and you only thought he played sop) Roger Grupp of MBI!

He was an incredible bari player before switching to soprano.  His solo work during the 70's and early 80's  was fabulous.  He could play the high notes with POWER!

hahaha

no I knew Roger played baritone before he did sop..personally, if I were a sop player, I'd defect to the baritone..but that's just me :P

I never heard him on bari, just sop

Has baritone soloing become a lost art in drum corps?

Apparently.I guess the crowd likes the screamers.I guess I should scream more. :P