Dallas Review

Hats off to you, Michael.

Excellent, informative, and easy to comprehend review.

We agree on alot of things. I cant wait to see the improvement in the Crown guard uniforms.

Your review of Blue Devils gave me chills, and hope !!

Thanks for your objective read of all the corps !

Geoff

Thanks for the review!

Bluecoats are officially partly from Cedar Park, Texas, which is (no matter what they think) a suburb of Northwest Austin. I work not 5 minutes from the HS. Their paring was a novel experiment at the time (what, 3 years now? 4?) and seems to be working out quite well.

Mike

If I remember correctly, something like 250 brass came out between the Canton, Ohio and Cedar Park, Texas camps for 64 horn spots. It's definitely paying off... brass scored only .4 down from Devils last night!

It appears as if the Bluecoats are going to continue doing this, and I'm very glad. Because of that, I may actually get to march this next year. Traveling from Dallas gets expensive, but Cedar Park is only about 3 hours from Dallas.

Thank you, Bluecoats!

The Bluecoats ties with Texas and the Austin area have worked out better than, well, at least I, expected. :D The numbers in 2001, the first year down there, were moderate. This year, however, nearly half of our audition numbers (which were mind-blowingly high) were in Texas. So whenever the corps travels down south, we make it a point to announce our ties with Texas. There's no other place (of course besides my bed in NE Ohio) that I'd rather be while on tour (except of course a maseuse).

Were there any penalties for the guard(s) that were using the wood block/dr beat so close to the stands?

A friend of mine called me from the show so that I could hear Madison...all I heard for half the show was the gock from the woodblock (ie whenever Madison was playing softer, the cell phone picked up the sound of the rehearsing guard over the horns). I don't know how bad this effected the enjoyment of Madision's show in person, but it was pretty glaring over the phone. :blink:

I am really glad that we have some really great people who know how to post some awesome reviews!!! Thanks to all for their wonderful Reviews!!!

It appears as if the Bluecoats are going to continue doing this, and I'm very glad. Because of that, I may actually get to march this next year. Traveling from Dallas gets expensive, but Cedar Park is only about 3 hours from Dallas.

Thank you, Bluecoats!

If you go to a camp in ohio, your chances of finding carpool there are really good the next camp you go to. This pretty much applies to any corps, as MOST of them have texas members. Devils actually hold auditions in Dallas too.