Allentown 1

Here we go...but anyway..enjoyed the review.

Calm down folks... :P

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting review, to say the least :P

....Oh well, I'm just sorry they didn't have any members that majored in adult entertainment.....

:blink::huh::blink: :sshh:

Don't know who you spoke with, but my son plays mellaphone is one of the vocalists for Crown. He is in High School. None of the singers are vocal majors.

I'll add my two rants worth concerning the singing. Instrumentalists and vocalists have a longer history of making music together than does instrumentation separately. The singing is less than 30 seconds of the total show, is done tastefully and adds variety and contrast to a great show. All but one of Crown's pieces come from vocal/instrumental combination. Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody", Pucinni's opera "La Boheme" and the beat generation music was almost all vocal with instrumental accompaniment. In order to hold true to the music, the arrangements should by all means include singing and poetry. If Crown's show was predominately vocal or narrated to the nth degree, then I would agree that it was too much. As it is, it stays true to the overall theme of Bohemians. They always went against the grain even as this show apparently has infuriated the purists of Drum and Bugle Corps.  I find the vocals and brief poetry a rewarding change of pace with the best instrumental accompaniment I have heard.  Of course, I was a vocal major. Go Crown!

I didnt know that! When you put it that way, it does seem like singing and poetry should be part of the show, and I for one am glad they have the vocals in it. :)

Interesting review, to say the least :P

:blink::huh:  :blink: :sshh:

I didnt know that!  When you put it that way, it does seem like singing and poetry should be part of the show, and I for one am glad they have the vocals in it. :)

On my statement, I believe I received a vote for line of the year. On your opinion cool we can differ.

Cavaliers - I talked to one of their pit guys after the show and he said they turned their amps off after the opener. I didn't notice, which again leads to the point of why do they need them. The pit guy also said they are just going to do a little tweaking with no major changes. The closer could use some. They do some great Cavies drill but it just kind of ends without a resolution. This show has a shot of winning though. The one thing that really stuck out was how their sop line sounds a lot like the Devils with the screaching (not a bad thing).

Amps are put in the pit SO they cant be noticed. Its a balance thing to balance the brass sound. If you cant tell the difference, then their job is done.

Amps are put in the pit SO they cant be noticed. Its a balance thing to balance the brass sound. If you cant tell the difference, then their job is done.

[/quote

I thought they were put in so you could hear the mariamba's and the cowbells! :P

Amps are put in the pit SO they cant be noticed.  Its a balance thing to balance the brass sound.  If you cant tell the difference, then their job is done.

[/quote

I thought they were put in so you could hear the mariamba's and the cowbells!  :P

Here you go!!!

Cowbell.gif

-I gotta have more cowbell!!!