I lost a good friend Saturday:(

Well, maybe it's time you moved to my 'hood and went to Ohio Stadium in the fall:)

(Don't think it: I'll *******NEVER******* quit on the  :whistle: Buckeyes :whistle: . Never, ever, ever.)

Well, there's one slight problem...I've never gotten interested in college sports. :o

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're still here, err, somewhere :P Congrats on last year, awesome!

Hey, I can take it. As a Gamecock fan it's the first thing you learn...enjoy the highs while you can because the lows aren't far behind!! Go Cocks.

To return this thread to DCI, perhaps Mr. Holtz and Mr. Hopkins should retire together and allow some new blood to revitalize their lackluster (and boring) programs.

Way to go, Cadets. Burnin' up those GE numbers in the Rockies. Woo.

<**>

What I don't understand......it seems to me that all these people that complain about drumcorps being boring, seem to forget there is another circuit out there.

DCA!!!

I couldn't agree more, Buckeye fan! A 7 hour drive from Memphis for that. I thought it was just me getting old but I really didn't get as in to it as previous years. The acoustics in the RCA Dome are horrible. Kudos to every corps for holding it together with all those rim shots bouncing of the baggie, errrr, roof. I'm all for innovation (my favorite Cadets show was The ABC's of Modern American Music, which was soundly trounced on by "purists" as esoteric or whatever else was in their Thesarus), but I don't buy the amplification. I waited to give it a chance. I listened with an open mind. I didn't like it, take it somewhere else. Further, how 'bout those commercials between corps? Another reason to keep a corps from playing cadence off the field. Troopers had the most enjoyable performance of the day. Just one fan's opinion.......

To return this thread to DCI, perhaps Mr. Holtz and Mr. Hopkins should retire together and allow some new blood to revitalize their lackluster (and boring) programs.

Way to go, Cadets. Burnin' up those GE numbers in the Rockies. Woo.

<**>

crybaby.jpg

"Why can't my favorite corps do exactly what I want them to? Who cares how much the crowds are applauding? I don't like it. That's it! I'm leaving drum corps forever!!! Waaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

:angry:

This year's Cadet show was Marc Sylvester's idea not Hoppy's.

At least, this was told to the audience at the Memorial Brass concert before the season started.

Mike

This year's Cadet show was Marc Sylvester's idea not Hoppy's.

At least, this was told to the audience at the Memorial Brass concert before the season started.

Mike

And, to tell you the truth, while I didn't think this was one of the Cadets' better programs, I still enjoyed it and listen to it often.

Judging from the general crowd reaction I hear on the Quarterfinals APD, they seem to get into the show, too.

You know, virtually all feedback on the '04 Cadet show was positive until the corps slipped into fourth place.  Then, suddenly, they're "boring", "not cutting edge", and so on.  Hmmm....

Funny how 4th is considered a bad year!

Since the beginning it hasn't been my favorite show of the year (Crown has that one this year), but I'd not call it boring! Super entertaining, IMO.

Mike