Indianapolis Review

All right, this is my first review ever, so yeah for me!! I'll try to limit my comments of show design because I know that isnt what DC should be about, but if I geet a little off, forgive me.

AFTERNOON - Spent the afternoon at Carmel HS (huge school!!!) to watch the Cavaliers rehearse. My brother is the 5th bass, so I can be slightly biased in my review! Tons of changes from earlier in the season, but more on that later. We got to take him to dinner, and there were tons of really nice restaurants all around, and all he wants is grease, so we go to Wendy's.....fine dining at its best. Anyway, we eat and are off to find the RCA Dome.

ARRIVAL - My dad has this theory about directions. He figures we'll just get into downtown and then just look for the dome. Long story, but eventually we get there. Go to willcall, get the tickets, Section 312 Row 20. Forty yardline, three rows from the very top of the dome. Crappy sound, but great for drill (which is what I LOVE). So I'm happy.

BOSTON - Due to my dad's "directions" we unfortunately walk in right as they are getting up from the "flag set" Bummer! Oh well, I guess I'll see them on the DVD. 8th Place - No Suprise

SPIRIT - I was soooooo excited to see them. Opener was a little lame, great music, but visual design was lacking. They did a lot of amorohous, spirally stuff, and lines just weren't straight at this point. The musical moments were good and obvious, but my seats made it all sound a little muddy. During the drum break, they barely marched and had HS-level visual moves (lots of arm lift type stuff). Anyway, I enjoyed the show, and would LOVE to see a better opening statement, but if they clean it, this show will be enough to get them into finals. 10th Place - Big Oooh by the crowd, but I wasnt too taken back. Didnt necessarily agree, but I wont complain.

COLTS - They had never retained my attention throughout an entire performance, but this time they did. Maybe they performed better, or maybe I just convinced myself that I needed to watch them the entire time. Decent show, but obvious that it is at a lesser level than the other corps here. Lots of lower-body discrepencies. Even at once point a center-stage group of sops change into marching to half-time. It really brings out thier poor technique. I like their visual concepts though. Just a bit lackluster musically. Needs a bit more......emotion. 12th Place - Yep, not quite on par with everyone else.

CROSSMEN - Love the concept of coming from the back right corner. I even like the gate-turn drill to move them to center stage, but I wanted more of an impact once they got there. Slightly disappointed by that ;)^ . They were obviously at a greater level than the other afternoon comp. corps. They had lots of precision, but their show both visually and musically just didnt have enough of a purpose, impact (I guess you could call it GE). Just seemed very run-of-the-mill Crossmen. 9th Place - Sure..but I didnt see Boston, so it might deserve higher. Not bad considering this was their 3rd performance in 24 hours (think about it). Definitely no lower than this though.

SEATTLE CASCADES - Well, lots of precision. Not the Cadets carbon-copy that I had heard about. Percussion isnt great, definitely the weaker part of the corps, but not a train wreck or anything. I liked the guard uniforms (suits), but agree that when they switch to pink and try to do a sexy dance, it just flat doesnt fit with the dissonant (non-melodic) music. Cleaner than Spirit, but they dont have the same musical force. This is the framework of a really good corps for future years. Just give them a little bit more to work with, show-wise, talented level-wise, and they will break into that 2nd tier next year. I know that the parents are behind them and have become diehard supporters. Nothing else really stood out except for the fact that they were just a solid corps. 11th Place - Take away the penalty, and I'll agree to the slim margin over Spirit. BTW, what was the penalty for??

BLUECOATS - I like this show. My mom HATES the guard uniforms ("they are too tight..they show all of your.....sins"). I dont mind them. We both really like the guard work though. They opening set with the horns in concentric circles/round corners was neat. the color-wheel of flags was good for effect. I also LOVE the use of a full rifle line. 35 or so rifles in unison is just TOO cool. I was also impressed by the percussion judge. He had to run sooooo much during this show because they horns are allways really close to the line with the BC. He almost got taken out a couple of times. My entire family got some good laughs in. I will say though, he did a really good job of not just focusing in on the snares. He moved around and even came up to the front ensemble during a part that wasnt the ballad! Anyway, sop solo was great, enjoyed the ### grab by the guard member. They are either really enjoying their show or are really good performers. 7th Place - Just right..with percussion improvement, they'll contend even more.

INTERMISSION - My friend had seat on the ten yardline but lower level. Since had already seen the Glassmen, I figured I'd go down to really listen to the music closely.

GLASSMEN - Not as BorinBb (whoops...Boring) as others say. Advanced? Yes Boring? Not if you know music. I really like leathery guard unis, and enjoy the precision of both music and visual. They did a lot of the IMAGO squat though. Hmmm. Seen them a bunch of times, so nothing really stood out. Solid, but in the future would like to see them build a stronger fan base through accessible show. 6th Place - I agree. I think 5-6-7 will stay this way until the end PR-GMen-BC.

SCV - Probably should have gone back up to see them, but I was just too lazy, so I watched the jumbotron a lot. My veiw was really good for guard stuff and individual technique. First off, unis...my good lord! I said they look like Chritmas irnaments...someone else said they should be the new logo for Chili's. Either way, they sure did have an impact. SCV is always entertaining, and their guard just keeps me smiling. Opening set had little foot movement by the horns, but enough business with ovesized silks to fit the music. The next set of flags had bungee material along the pole, so I made for a really cool triangle effect when used. They also used the strap to toss aerials a couple of time. Too neat. The collapsable boxes we interesting. I didnt quite see the use for them. If you are gonna spend money to do that, it should have at least 2 or 3 really impactful uses. Really precise marching. I'll have to see the drill on the DVD, but to hear the music was great. Very Cavaliers like in their approach to musical effect. Forte-pianos everywhere! I loved it. 4th Place - Whether they can move up depends entirely upon BD.

PHANTOM - I really like this show. Strong, powerful music. Percussion was a little weak, but they have a very young snare line, so that is understandable. Guard is really nice. I love the red Russian uniforms for the2nd half of the show. Wish visual statemtns would be a little stronger near the end (instead of 32 counts of the figure 8 pass though). Was a the Normal show, the debut of the changes to their opener drill. It is really good now that it is clean, and I wish that they would redo the rest of the show. Oh well. I really like the final kneeling block/wedge. Pretty cool. Shastakovich rules! Also worth mentioning that their DM has one of the most expressive and helpful conducting styles around. He conveyed everything the music had, and more. If they corps would just do exactly what he is conveying, their GE Music and emotion will improve imensely 5th Place - Just as I had said after San Antonio: A sight margin in TN and pulling away from GMen by Indy. :D This is the glass ceiling for this year, but it might just get them in position to break Top 4 next year.

CAVALIERS - Yummy Yummy Yummy. I ate it up. Like I said, I'm a little biased, but I just love this show. Talk about high velocity - even when it slows down, at least half of the corps is marching in double time. I finally got the see the drill, which was incredible. Love the new ending. The last time I saw them (June 26?) the ending was still kind of half###, "oh, its over?" Second Fight Club ("Operation Mayhem") was cool. Gotta respect the contras for dancing with those things is their hands. Still some errors. Fight club wasnt as impressive as normal (Even in practice, the directorskept saying "dont take it for advantage") and it seems that more people at this show had seen it, because nobody was really taken aback, as in earlier parts of the season. The snareline had a couple stick hieght inconsistencies (Yes, I could see that, right center snare). The show wasnt written for percussion to stand particularly, so I can accept the caption loss to Cadets. My brother still wont agree, though. I like the color added to the guard's PVC pipe, but I still dont know about giving Scott (the dance soloist) the jam block...slightly distracting. I think he gets enough attention when they have THE ENTIRE CORPS surrounds him. Just kidding, but still didnt like the jam block. The music staff has been working on getting the horns to "lead into" the next note or the release. It was better today, but still could improve (a lot of times, when they hold a long note, it is just kind of dead). Guard still rocks, hornline has a wonderful sound, percussion can beat Cadets in the future, and drill....well, they are the Cavaliers....need I say more???? 1st Place - Duh!!

CADETS - Went in after reading 35 pages of Cadets discussion (From the Cadets Website thread), so I was a little brain-fried. Had heard the music before, and although I dont like that particular style, I recognize the incredibly high performance level. I was excited to see the drill design because I HAD heard the music before, and I really wanted to see the last minutes, so here are my thoughts: Guard in themed dress...OK, kinda obvious. Way to much scatter drill. My god, please hold onto a form for once! I like BWBB, love the dancing, but could do without all of the tenors players on set. It just makes me feel like my band is THAT MUCH poorer! ;)^ The pledge was a little much, and the proposal for firemen would be along the same lines. I like the boxes, becuase (as I said earlier) they have multiple uses (I just love that in a prop!). When the guard pulled out the blue star flags, and I saw the maroon uniforms, I knew where that was going.......60 second later, and American Flag set! Surprise! Remember when I was talking about the earlier Cavaliers half###, "oh, thats it?" ending......well, I guess Cadets decided to adopt it. I look down for a second, then look up, and all of the sudden there is the Iwo Jima pose and music has stopped. I literally said, "Oh! that's it??" Good performance level. They need to march more. This was the only corps where I could stand the guard dancing as much as they did because they were so good. Get a new ending, and please please please dont let it have firemen. 2nd Place - Not gonna reach the Cavaliers, and may be in danger from the Devils! ^0^ , but thats is just right for todays performance.

BLUE DEVILS - All of the opener and halfway through the next number, I wanted to cry. This is the first time I had seen BD live, and it wasnt anywhere near what I was hoping for. I had been sooooo excited, and it just let me down. Then, at some point (maybe when the solos can in), they hooked me and kept me for the rest of the show. They second half of the show alone would beat Cadets, and the first half would lose to Santa Clara. So the Devils just need to decide which half they like better and change the other half (Hint hint!) They really milked the last chord better than anyone else tonight, and the percussion cymbal/wheel was the neatest thing!!! If you havent seen that part of the show, buy the DVD or video, because it is just to cool. No sense in describing it because that would take the fun out of the impact. The guard was nice, but not as good as they could be. Cadets guard did better dancing, and SCV did better with equiptment. This just shouldnt be. 3rd Place - It looks to me like BD is in the driver's seat. No one will beat Cavaliers, and SCV cant jump up over Cadets, but Blue Devils can easily more in either direction in two weeks. I hope it is up!

Finale/Retreat - Quick comments - I like how PR stacked their contras...too funny. SCV was the most hardcore (hardcorps) with very strict attention throughout. The only other funny thing was how late Crossmen basses were. They took SO long to go down the steps, the announcement started without them. It was kind of humourous.

Victory Concert - The kids seemed pretty tired, by the time they got to Rainbow, but they played the entire show which I was thankful for. It just isnt the same in a standstill though. Oh well, they really have a beautiful sound, I just wanted to tear down that dam# dome covering. Echos officially suck!

Great show. So, afterwards I have my Finals predictions. For those of you who are betting folks, this is not the list to put your money on, I am really bad at this:

1. Cavaliers (99.1)

2. Blue Devils

3. Cadets

4. SCV

5. PR

6. Gmen

7. Blooooooooooooooo

8. Boston

9. Crossmen

10. Seattle

11. Spirit

12. Blue Knights

13. Crown (Semis tie lets them perform Sat. I say this just because I want to know where they would put them during retreat)

A couple of new feature to this review:

One Word/Phrase To Describe each corps:

Boston - Sorry (Didnt see ya)

Spirit - Go Spirit!

Seattle - Fresh

Crossmen - Precise

Colts - Complete

Bluecoats - Exciting

Glassmen - (no not boring) probably......Squat!

SCV - Barbecue Sauce! (Read review above)

Phantom - Phantom!!

Cavies - Wow!

Cadets - Powerful

Devils - Inconsistent

Caption Breakdown

GE - Cavies, Cadets, BD

Visual - Cavies, Cadets, SCV

Music - Cavies, BD/Cadets

Guard - Cavies, SCV, Cadets

Brass - Cavies, Cadets, BD

Perc - Cadet/Cavies, BD

Coolest...

...Guard unis - Cavies (Tron rules!)

...Guard equiptment - SCV bungee strap

...GE effect - Fight Club

...Attack on a Percussion Judge - Bluecoats

...Announcement - "Unfortunately, we the next corps will have to wait a few minutes as it seem a judge has taken a flag to the face"

...Slap on the ### - Bluecoats guard member to sop soloist

Most annoying thing about the show..

...(tie) the new America/O Canada

...(tie) the fact that they gave that dam# announcer a microphone!

Thanks for reading

Troy Steinmetz

(Future Cavalier, ifIeverfigureoutwhichbrassinstrumentIamgoingtolearn)

Oh, and one more thing....O was taken aback by the number of gaps/holes. It seemed like every corps had at least one (one corps had three) holes. Hopefully everyone, can keep up with the injuries, because it is very distracting to the spectator. I know that Cavaliers are working with a replacement Contra player. One guy got hurt, and this new guy is working around the clock to learn the intricacies of the Cavalier viusal design. I als o heard a horrible story about the Phantom tympanist. Appearently, before the Muphreesboro show, in the afternoon, the pit four wheeler jack-knifes and it turned over on his leg. His leg is broken and one guy said that almost half of his calf is gone. He is still in the hospital in TN. I'm gonna be prayting for him, and I wish a speedy recovery to all the "cripples" this summer. :( :D

That Barbeque sauce part really made me laugh! :blink:

Now I can't get that song out of my head....I want my baby back, baby back, baby back....ribs. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the laugh!

(How do you like me now?) B)

All right, this is my first review ever, so yeah for me!! I'll try to limit my comments of show design because I know that isnt what DC should be about, but if I geet a little off, forgive me.

AFTERNOON - Spent the afternoon at Carmel HS (huge school!!!) to watch the Cavaliers rehearse. My brother is the 5th bass, so I can be slightly biased in my review! Tons of changes from earlier in the season, but more on that later. We got to take him to dinner, and there were tons of really nice restaurants all around, and all he wants is greasee, so we go to Wendy's.....fine dining at its best. Anyway, we eat and are off to find the RCA Dome.

ARRIVAL - My father has this theory about directions. He figures we'll just get into downtown and then just look for the dome. Long story, but eventually we get there. Go to willcall, get the tickets, Section 312 Row 20. Forty yardline, three rows from the very top of the dome. Crappy sound, but great for drill (which is what I LOVE). So I'm happy.

BOSTON - Due to my dad's "directions" we unfortunately walk in right as they are getting up from the "flag set" Bummer! Oh well, I guess I'll see them on the DVD. 8th Place - No Suprise

SPIRIT - I was soooooo excited to see them. Opener was a little lame, great music, but visual design was lacking. They did a lot of amorohous, spirally stuff, and lines just weren't straight at this point. The musical moments were good and obvious, but my seats made it all sound a little muddy. During the drum break, they barely marched and had HS-level visual moves (lots of arm lift type stuff). Anyway, I enjoyed the show, and would LOVE to see a better opening statement, but if they clean it, this show will be enough to get them into finals. 10th Place - Big Oooh by the crowd, but I wasnt too taken back. Didnt necessarily agree, but I wont complain.

COLTS - They had never retained my attention throughout an entire performance, but this time they did. Maybe they performed better, or maybe I just convinced myself that I needed to watch them the entire time. Decent show, but obvious that it is at a lesser level than the other corps here. Lots of lower-body discrepencies. Even at once point a center-stage group of trumpets change into marching to half-time. It really brings out thier poor technique. I like their visual concepts though. Just a bit lackluster musically. Needs a bit more......emotion. 12th Place - Yep, not quite on par with everyone else.

CROSSMEN - Love the concept of coming from the back right corner. I even like the gate-turn drill to move them to center stage, but I wanted more of an impact once they got there. Slightly disappointed by that ;)^ . They were obviously at a greater level than the other afternoon comp. corps. They had lots of precision, but their show both visually and musically just didnt have enough of a purpose, impact (I guess you could call it GE). Just seemed very run-of-the-mill Crossmen. 9th Place - Sure..but I didnt see Boston, so it might deserve higher. Not bad considering this was their 3rd performance in 24 hours (think about it). Definitely no lower than this though.

SEATTLE CASCADES - Well, lots of precision. Not the Cadets carbon-copy that I had heard about. Percussion isnt great, definitely the weaker part of the corps, but not a train wreck or anything. I liked the guard uniforms (suits), but agree that when they switch to pink and try to do a sexy dance, it just flat doesnt fit with the dissonant (non-melodic) music. Cleaner than Spirit, but they dont have the same musical force. This is the framework of a really good corps for future years. Just give them a little bit more to work with, show-wise, talented level-wise, and they will break into that 2nd tier next year. I know that the parents are behind them and have become diehard supporters. Nothing else really stood out except for the fact that they were just a solid corps. 11th Place - Take away the penalty, and I'll agree to the slim margin over Spirit. BTW, what was the penalty for??

BLUECOATS - I like this show. My mom HATES the guard uniforms ("they are too tight..they show all of your.....sins"). I dont mind them. We both really like the guard work though. They opening set with the horns in concentric circles/round corners was neat. the color-wheel of flags was good for effect. I also LOVE the use of a full rifle line. 35 or so rifles in unison is just TOO cool. I was also impressed by the percussion judge. He had to run sooooo much during this show because they horns are allways really close to the line with the BC. He almost got taken out a couple of times. My entire family got some good laughs in. I will say though, he did a really good job of not just focusing in on the snares. He moved around and even came up to the front ensemble during a part that wasnt the ballad! Anyway, sop solo was great, enjoyed the ### grab by the guard member. They are either really enjoying their show or are really good performers. 7th Place - Just right..with percussion improvement, they'll contend even more.

INTERMISSION - My friend had seat on the ten yardline but lower level. Since had already seen the Glassmen, I figured I'd go down to really listen to the music closely.

GLASSMEN - Not as BorinBb (whoops...Boring) as others say. Advanced? Yes Boring? Not if you know music. I really like leathery guard unis, and enjoy the precision of both music and visual. They did a lot of the IMAGO squat though. Hmmm. Seen them a bunch of times, so nothing really stood out. Solid, but in the future would like to see them build a stronger fan base through accessible show. 6th Place - I agree. I think 5-6-7 will stay this way until the end PR-GMen-BC.

SCV - Probably should have gone back up to see them, but I was just too lazy, so I watched the jumbotron a lot. My veiw was really good for guard stuff and individual technique. First off, unis...my good lord! I said they look like Chritmas irnaments...someone else said they should be the new logo for Chili's. Either way, they sure did have an impact. SCV is always entertaining, and their guard just keeps me smiling. Opening set had little foot movement by the horns, but enough business with ovesized silks to fit the music. The next set of flags had bungee material along the pole, so I made for a really cool triangle effect when used. They also used the strap to toss aerials a couple of time. Too neat. The collapsable boxes we interesting. I didnt quite see the use for them. If you are gonna spend money to do that, it should have at least 2 or 3 really impactful uses. Really precise marching. I'll have to see the drill on the DVD, but to hear the music was great. Very Cavaliers like in their approach to musical effect. Forte-pianos everywhere! I loved it. 4th Place - Whether they can move up depends entirely upon BD.

PHANTOM - I really like this show. Strong, powerful music. Percussion was a little weak, but they have a very young snare line, so that is understandable. Guard is really nice. I love the red Russian uniforms for the2nd half of the show. Wish visual statemtns would be a little stronger near the end (instead of 32 counts of the figure 8 pass though). Was a the Normal show, the debut of the changes to their opener drill. It is really good now that it is clean, and I wish that they would redo the rest of the show. Oh well. I really like the final kneeling block/wedge. Pretty cool. Shastakovich rules! Also worth mentioning that their DM has one of the most expressive and helpful conducting styles around. He conveyed everything the music had, and more. If they corps would just do exactly what he is conveying, their GE Music and emotion will improve imensely 5th Place - Just as I had said after San Antonio: A sight margin in TN and pulling away from GMen by Indy. :D This is the glass ceiling for this year, but it might just get them in position to break Top 4 next year.

CAVALIERS - Yummy Yummy Yummy. I ate it up. Like I said, I'm a little biased, but I just love this show. Talk about high velocity - even when it slows down, at least half of the corps is marching in double time. I finally got the see the drill, which was incredible. Love the new ending. The last time I saw them (June 26?) the ending was still kind of half###, "oh, its over?" Second Fight Club ("Operation Mayhem") was cool. Gotta respect the contras for dancing with those things is their hands. Still some errors. Fight club wasnt as impressive as normal (Even in practice, the directorskept saying "dont take it for advantage") and it seems that more people at this show had seen it, because nobody was really taken aback, as in earlier parts of the season. The snareline had a couple stick hieght inconsistencies (Yes, I could see that, right center snare). The show wasnt written for percussion to stand particularly, so I can accept the caption loss to Cadets. My brother still wont agree, though. I like the color added to the guard's PVC pipe, but I still dont know about giving Scott (the dance soloist) the jam block...slightly distracting. I think he gets enough attention when they have THE ENTIRE CORPS surrounds him. Just kidding, but still didnt like the jam block. The music staff has been working on getting the horns to "lead into" the next note or the release. It was better today, but still could improve (a lot of times, when they hold a long note, it is just kind of dead). Guard still rocks, hornline has a wonderful sound, percussion can beat Cadets in the future, and drill....well, they are the Cavaliers....need I say more???? 1st Place - Duh!!

CADETS - Went in after reading 35 pages of Cadets discussion (From the Cadets Website thread), so I was a little brain-fried. Had heard the music before, and although I dont like that particular style, I recognize the incredibly high performance level. I was excited to see the drill design because I HAD heard the music before, and I really wanted to see the last minutes, so here are my thoughts: Guard in themed dress...OK, kinda obvious. Way to much scatter drill. My god, please hold onto a form for once! I like BWBB, love the dancing, but could do without all of the tenors players on set. It just makes me feel like my band is THAT MUCH poorer! ;)^ The pledge was a little much, and the proposal for firemen would be along the same lines. I like the boxes, becuase (as I said earlier) they have multiple uses (I just love that in a prop!). When the guard pulled out the blue star flags, and I saw the maroon uniforms, I knew where that was going.......60 second later, and American Flag set! Surprise! Remember when I was talking about the earlier Cavaliers half###, "oh, thats it?" ending......well, I guess Cadets decided to adopt it. I look down for a second, then look up, and all of the sudden there is the Iwo Jima pose and music has stopped. I literally said, "Oh! that's it??" Good performance level. They need to march more. This was the only corps where I could stand the guard dancing as much as they did because they were so good. Get a new ending, and please please please dont let it have firemen. 2nd Place - Not gonna reach the Cavaliers, and may be in danger from the Devils! ^0^ , but thats is just right for todays performance.

BLUE DEVILS - All of the opener and halfway through the next number, I wanted to cry. This is the first time I had seen BD live, and it wasnt anywhere near what I was hoping for. I had been sooooo excited, and it just let me down. Then, at some point (maybe when the solos can in), they hooked me and kept me for the rest of the show. They second half of the show alone would beat Cadets, and the first half would lose to Santa Clara. So the Devils just need to decide which half they like better and change the other half (Hint hint!) They really milked the last chord better than anyone else tonight, and the percussion cymbal/wheel was the neatest thing!!! If you havent seen that part of the show, buy the DVD or video, because it is just to cool. No sense in describing it because that would take the fun out of the impact. The guard was nice, but not as good as they could be. Cadets guard did better dancing, and SCV did better with equiptment. This just shouldnt be. 3rd Place - It looks to me like BD is in the driver's seat. No one will beat Cavaliers, and SCV cant jump up over Cadets, but Blue Devils can easily more in either direction in two weeks. I hope it is up!

Finale/Retreat - Quick comments - I like how PR stacked their contras...too funny. SCV was the most hardcore (hardcorps) with very strict attention throughout. The only other funny thing was how late Crossmen basses were. They took SO long to go down the steps, the announcement started without them. It was kind of humourous.

Victory Concert - The kids seemed pretty tired, by the time they got to Rainbow, but they played the entire show which I was thankful for. It just isnt the same in a standstill though. Oh well, they really have a beautiful sound, I just wanted to tear down that dam# domw covering. Echos officially suck!

Great show. So, afterwards I have my Finals predictions. For those of you who are betting folks, this is not the list to put your money on, I am really bad at this:

1. Cavaliers (99.1)

2. Blue Devils

3. Cadets

4. SCV

5. PR

6. Gmen

7. Blooooooooooooooo

8. Boston

9. Crossmen

10. Seattle

11. Spirit

12. Blue Knights

13. Crown (Semis tie lets them perform Sat. I say this just because I want to know where they would put them during retreat)

A couple of new feature to this review:

One Word/Phrase To Describe each corps:

Boston - Sorry (Didnt see ya)

Spirit - Go Spirit!

Seattle - Fresh

Crossmen - Precise

Colts - Complete

Bluecoats - Exciting

Glassmen - (no not boring) probably......Squat!

SCV - Barbecue Sauce! (Read review above)

Phantom - Phantom!!

Cavies - Wow!

Cadets - Powerful

Devils - Inconsistent

Caption Breakdown

GE - Cavies, Cadets, BD

Visual - Cavies, Cadets, SCV

Music - Cavies, BD/Cadets

Guard - Cavies, SCV, Cadets

Brass - Cavies, Cadets, BD

Perc - Cadet/Cavies, BD

Coolest...

...Guard unis - Cavies (Tron rules!)

...Guard equiptment - SCV bungee strap

...GE effect - Fight Club

...Attack on a Percussion Judge - Bluecoats

...Announcement - "Unfortunately, we the next corps will have to wait a few minutes as it seem a judge has taken a flag to the face"

...Slap on the ### - Bluecoats guard member to sop soloist

Most annoying thing about the show..

...(tie) the new America/O Canada

...(tie) the fact that they gave that dam# announcer a microphone!

Thanks for reading

Troy Steinmetz

(Future Cavalier, ifIeverfigureoutwhichbrassinstrumentIamgoingtolearn)

I started reading your review but when you used the term "trumpets" you lost me.

Oh my God! I did not..........ewww.......I did! Quick, child, get thee to a nunnery. Whoops. Guess I've been with HS bands to much. Didnt even cross my mind, but with a quick click of the edit button, all will be made well. I apologize to anyone that had suffer life-ending seizures at the hands of my carelessness.