"DCI At The Movies" musings from MD

I was in Thearter 21 at the Irvine. Nice theater (since it's like 5 min. from my house). Couple of annoying guard people in the front section. Highlight of the evening - The Cavie's comment to J. Allen "I'll show you later". 2nd highlight of the evening - J. Allen's "I'm out of breath" after BD's show - I think the Cavies showed her!! lol.

Show Comments: Cavies' show was sick! So energized. I thought the spread would of been bigger because I didn't think BD was locked-on last night. I think BD will step it up tonight. I thought BD's guard should of taken their caption. Thursday - 20.... Friday... 30!!! lol J/K <--- but then again it's BD's hornline. I liked The Cadets' show... kinda un-Cadets but you gotta give em props for trying a different type of show. I think the design could of been spiced up - I found it kinda nice/safe for rock music. SCV show was nice... I still see a lot of dirt in their feet. Drumline is phenomenal! I love their guard. Ending is ehh... That's just me. Phantom - thought they did a nice job. Just didn't feel the intimacy and sauciness of tango. Singing/narrating - Ayyyyyyy <--- enough said!! I liked Bluecoats show... very entertaining. Madison was ehh. They're trying but it didn't come across. I love Xmens' opener and ballad. The end lost some steam. Glassmen - I get their show because I'm familiar with Martha Graham's work. I like it. Just needs more umph!! Martha is an intense dancer - didn't project from the corps. Blue knights was nice! I walked into their show (because I don't get off of work till 5 <--- Booooo) and I thought they were amazing. Didn't see the rest - soorrryy!

Nice year of competition overall!! Very excited about Saturday!!

Thank you to all the young adults who gave their all out there!!

Glassmen - I get their show because I'm familiar with Martha Graham's work. I like it. Just needs more umph!! Martha is an intense dancer - didn't project from the corps.

I give Glassmen's "HI MOM!" skirt lift from the guard hi props!!! ^OO^ And that Cavie guy who told Jessica Allen he'd show her how to be a Bond girl is now legendary. Buy that man a beer!!! b**bs