Northmen Horns

Mike_Bonfig

Greetings -

As you may or may not know from my posts elsewhere on this site, I am an alumi of the Northmen Drum and Bugle Corps of Green Bay, Wisconsin. The year I marched there was the last year the Northmen fielded a corps and I was the last person to do the Age Out Ceremony in a Northmen uniform.

Always up for a little nostalgia, I am wondering if anyone on this board knows the whereabouts of the Northmen Bugles. I know that after the 1994 season and folding of 1995 they were eventually sold to repay some debts.

If anyone who reads this board knows what corps may have purchased those horns, please let me know either by this forum or through PM or e-mail.

If you're reading this forum and are in possession of those horns, I am interested in purchasing a soprano from that lot (ideally my old horn, though that would probably be near impossible to track). Most of them were either Degs or Ultratones, and considering current horn cirumstances (3 valves and Bb horns), they probably have very little monetary value. Still, I'm willing to pay a fair price for one in good working order.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that folks are back from the drum corps season and surfing the web again, I'll give this topic one "BUMP". Again, if anyone has any idea where I can hunt one of these horns down, let me know.

Now that folks are back from the drum corps season and surfing the web again, I'll give this topic one "BUMP".  Again, if anyone has any idea where I can hunt one of these horns down, let me know.

Mike,

Sorry but I don't know about the horns. But, what year did you march? I had met a girl from Northmens Colorguard. All I remember was that her name is Liz. I believe she must have marched in the 1993-1994 range.

Later

• 14 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Did you ever have any luck tracking them down?  I was in from 1989-1991 and would love one of the baritones - especially my old one if it's still around.  I did buy one of the older piston valve/rotary valve ones from years before.  Rotary valve plastic broke and every place I take it to cannot fix it.

• 11 months later...

If anyone still looks at this - I did find some VHS recordings and put up what I had on YT -> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQCnXeu_3X-LH_U-jZhlRoQ  Also - with the luck of the internet and some forums on Reddit, I got my old valve/rotor horn fixed and playable!