PBS Broadcast

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I had a bad experience with this station. I don't know if it was the PBS station in Orlando or the production. I was listening to it on surround sound. I was taping it so my hubby could watch it later. During Blue Devils show you could hear this over powering "boom, boom, boom", which ends up being the udu drum over amplified. I'm not making this up. Also SCV's show, the front line really is overpowering on spots where you can't hear the horn line. I thought the behind the scenes were a little "too much', but I know DCI wants to use that to recruit people. I felt bad for the kids who were watching this production if they marched those corps, so I'm wondering if it's PBS's fault or what..but it wasn't good.

I did receive a post about this from Tom Blair who said it could've been the PBS station and that it was the first time he was made aware of the problem...so...

Anyway, I may not buy any DVD's of this year because I'm not sure about the quality of it with all the amp issues and after hearing this production it's scary.

I will wait until I hear some reviews when people start getting their DVD's. I'm glad I saw it in Denver.... :worthy:

Edited by Lancerlady

anyone know if they changed their mind and decided to air in on long is;land?

Last I checked they'll be showing it on WLIW (21) at noon on Thanksgiving.

I had a bad experience with this station. I don't know if it was the PBS station in Orlando or the production. I was listening to it on surround sound. I was taping it so my hubby could watch it later. During Blue Devils show you could hear this over powering "boom, boom, boom", which ends up being the udu drum over amplified. I'm not making this up. Also SCV's show, the front line really is overpowering on spots where you can't hear the horn line.  I thought the behind the scenes were a little "too much', but I know DCI wants to use that to recruit people. I felt bad for the kids who were watching this production if they marched those corps, so I'm wondering if it's PBS's fault or what..but it wasn't good.

I did receive a post about this from Tom Blair who said it could've been the PBS station and that it was the first time he was made aware of the problem...so...

I PMd Stephanie about this one...

She's not joking....the broadcast here in Colorado was the same way...it's much like those annoying speakers some people insist on having in their cars.

Actually, every corps on the broadcast seemed to have moments that were overpowering in terms of bass drums in the pit....

Fortunately, the CDs have no such problem.

Waddabout Los Angeles? That KCET PBS station stopped showing drum corps a few years ago for some reason.....not enough audience participation? Sometimes they re-broadcast DCI on Super Bowl Sunday, so I guess I'll have to wait until then or find some cheap used 04 DCI on Ebay?

RON HOUSLEY

It was on in South Dakota over Thanksgiving.

I was thankfull I went to Denver or I would have never made it this long.

The sound was good on our airing. I like the behind Corps stuff, but not at the cost of full shows. Did I look away or did they not put in the Cadets guard part where they take off the shirts of the male guards during a toss?

I didn't see myself in the stands, which is good becase after a week of driving and of Drum Corps I looked like ####!

I might buy the DVDs, but I need to see how much I have left after Christmas.

WHY didn't they play the entire Cavies show? The last couple years they always played the full show of the winner. The funny thing was, they only cut out the last 60 seconds of the show. Would it have been so bad to just leave that in?

WHY didn't they play the entire Cavies show?  The last couple years they always played the full show of the winner.  The funny thing was, they only cut out the last 60 seconds of the show.  Would it have been so bad to just leave that in?

Since when?

02 - Cavies, they cut out the ballad

03 - Blue Devils....they cut out the ballad

04 - They cut out some little parts, none that I noticed much.

Edited by Dance Of Vengeance