Best Looking Drums

PercussionMafia

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

postpics.gif

Seriously though, you guys really need to post pictures when you chime in with your favorite drums. Really helps things out.

With that being said, here are some of mine. 2003 Cavaliers:

cavie_8264.jpg

BTW, what was the difference between 2002 Cavaliers and 2003 Cavaliers? Anything?

You can go to www.corpsreps.com to view pictures of Grenadiers in prelims last season

Couldn't find any pictures newer than 2001 on Corpsreps. :(

goto 2004 DCA pics...i believe its on the right hand side

I quite like the glassmens 2004 chameleon finish. Even though they looked somewhat normal from the crowd, up close they were amazing. I also liked BD '03, '04, and'05. Phantom '96 was cool too.

• 3 weeks later...

What corps and year had drums that you drooled looking at (not necessarily literally)?

as for 2005 I couldnt stop looking at Madison's Forest green drums

I liked the new SCV drums. They reminded me of cigar boxes. One thing for sure they sounded a heck of a lot better. The rim shots cut from those puppys.

Mom

I agree...the drums look kinda "blah" by themselves, but seem to go very well with the total package. I think the point is, when speaking of beautiful drums, we have to consider uniforms etc... not just the drums themselves.

But I think the nice rim shot sound (and sound in general) has more to do with playing match grip in the snares. They are doing a lot more flat flams this year and nailing all the shots...go SCV!

Anyway, my favorite drums are the SCV copper drums of 90 and 92. Those things sure are heavy though.

have to love the ayala drums, which aren't just indoor by the way. plus my girl esther is in one of those pics. downright scary bass chops on that one. haha. 00 cavies drums were nice. this year's cavies too (anything with black chrome hardware is pretty sick.) blue coats this year has some kind of interesting gray silver sunburst thing going on. last year's SCV drums were really nice too.

of course my default has to be the 02 bd drums. too many popped casings according to paul, but they looked good.

as for historical, how's about 89 vanguard with the individual tenor scoops. yeehaw.

Edited by centersnare04

But I think the nice rim shot sound (and sound in general) has more to do with playing match grip in the snares. They are doing a lot more flat flams this year and nailing all the shots...go SCV!

What are flat flams? Sorry, I'm learning. :)