My DCI Review (1978).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bayonne played on Ludwigs till 1982 when they switched to Slingerland.

Ludwig never gave the line any props, endorsements  or support for winning in 80 & 81 so Dennis decided to go with Slingerland who gave them a sweet deal in 1982.

Black drums + gold harware = GENIUS

Black drums + gold harware = GENIUS

Yeah, but Slingerland was reduced to selling cardboard drums two or three years later, before going down for the first time in 86, so look how much good their deal with Bayonne did 'em.... :P

(fwiw, writing was already on the wall for Sling; they'd passed from the family into the corporate world by that time, and none of their corporate owners gave a rat's patoot for the drum business - every time I drive by the old factory on Milwaukee Ave, famous from the pic in the front of all their 60s and 70s catalogs, it's a sad experience...)

Edited by mobrien

The ironic thing about this thread, is that we have officially passed RAMD in terms of discussion regarding the supposedly controversial drum corps year 1978.

I did not think that was possible.

^0^

The ironic thing about this thread, is that we have officially passed RAMD in terms of discussion regarding the supposedly controversial drum corps year 1978.

I did not think that was possible.

^0^

Because a certain someone isnt here to yank the discussion in an unwelcome direction.

But this is the first I hear 78 was controversial!