My DCI Review (1978).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure everyone who marched '78 as an age out is at least 47 now!

Yikes.

Shaddup

I will say 78 is an interesting year for the ageouts from that year.

First theres me of course B) But that includes Dan Acheson, Jeff Fiedler, George Hopkins, C Burr, Chris Nalls (I think) to name but a few.

We aged out too many in 78. Something like 20 to 30 people which to us was a lot! This included some long time veterans, some very heavy talent and the DM and GC.

However 79 didn't end up too too bad. We at least moved up a few spots and finally had Zingali doing the whole show along with Mark Sylvester making his debute as an instructor.

Add another Hall of Famer/interesting age out from 78 in Mark. :blink:

Edited by LancerFi

The ironic thing about this thread, is that we have officially passed RAMD in terms of discussion regarding the supposedly controversial drum corps year 1978.

I did not think that was possible.

^0^

drumlaw80, I would say that it's quite refreshing. I guess it's a good irony.

Thanks again for the review!

Lee I forget how old you are, did you march in 78?

My worst memory of our (xmen) long capes in 78 was doing a high marktime backward prance thingy, stepping on my cape and almost choking myself. A cool thing about the capes - they had dowels (long sticks) in them that were good for whacking dummies that tried to break ranks! ^0^

Edited by sidney

My worst memory of our (xmen) long capes in 78 was doing a high marktime backward prance thingy, stepping on my cape and almost choking myself. A cool thing about the capes - they had dowels (long sticks) in them that were good for whacking dummies that tried to break ranks!  ^0^

So you marched with Hopkins? And I marched with Acheson! Sid if you and I could have just choked them while they slept think how different things would be today.

j/k folks B)