Oh What Fun We Had!

Just have a few minutes. I was thinking of all the corps we competed against or saw while I was a young guy way back when

Charioteers, Floridians, Gauchos, Greece Cadets, General Butler Vagabonds, Blue Coats, Cambria cadets, Mighty Liberators, Derry Patriots, Sharpsburg Cadets, 84th Bucktail Regiment, Tri-Town Cadets, Greece cadets, Mello-Dears, Black Knights (NY), Syracuse Marauders, Lakeview Shoreliners/Imperial regiment, Ventures, Flying Dutchmen, Krescendos, Monarchs (NJ), Glassmen, Buckeyes, plus many more.

Just thought I'd toss out some memories to y'all

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Majestic Knights, Pembroke Imperials, Cambridge Cabelleros

Just have a few minutes.  I was thinking of all the corps we competed against or saw while I was a young guy way back when

Charioteers, Floridians, Gauchos, Greece Cadets, General Butler Vagabonds, Blue Coats, Cambria cadets, Mighty Liberators, Derry Patriots,  Sharpsburg Cadets, 84th Bucktail Regiment, Tri-Town Cadets, Greece cadets, Mello-Dears, Black Knights (NY), Syracuse Marauders, Lakeview Shoreliners/Imperial regiment, Ventures, Flying Dutchmen, Krescendos, Monarchs (NJ), Glassmen, Buckeyes, plus many more.

When did you compete against the Monarchs from NJ? I was their percussion arranger/instructor in 76/77 (the last year as the King's Regiment after a merger).

Mike

Just have a few minutes.  I was thinking of all the corps we competed against or saw while I was a young guy way back when

Charioteers, Floridians, Gauchos, Greece Cadets, General Butler Vagabonds, Blue Coats, Cambria cadets, Mighty Liberators, Derry Patriots,  Sharpsburg Cadets, 84th Bucktail Regiment, Tri-Town Cadets, Greece cadets, Mello-Dears, Black Knights (NY), Syracuse Marauders, Lakeview Shoreliners/Imperial regiment, Ventures, Flying Dutchmen, Krescendos, Monarchs (NJ), Glassmen, Buckeyes, plus many more.

YES!!!!! Thanks for the memories... also remember Erie Mavericks, Royal Crusaders, Silver Sabres, hmm, think you named most of the others from the area in the day.

Kevin

Cambria Cadets 77, 78, 79

YES!!!!!    Thanks for the memories...    also remember Erie Mavericks, Royal Crusaders, Silver Sabres,    hmm, think you named most of the others from the area in the day.

Kevin

Cambria Cadets  77, 78, 79

Welcome to DCP, Kevin.

Your last name caught my eye, in addition to your corps. Loved Ebensburg, grew up nearby, and competed against Cambria often.

Kevin

Cambria Cadets  77, 78, 79

Kevin did you know Joe Moxin (Moxim) from that time? THink he was a sop player.

Joe and I lived in the same dorm hall at Indiana Univ of PA in the late 70s.

<Welcome to DCP, Kevin.>

Thanks!    I'm not really new here, just really don't post often, but I've lurked for quite a while. 

<Your last name caught my eye, in addition to your corps. 

Loved Ebensburg, grew up nearby, and competed against Cambria often.>

Yeah, nice little town.  Where and when did you march?  Also curious about my last name catching your eye --  did you know my dad or someone else from the family? 

Well you should come out from under the rock more often, Kevin!

I marched with Derry from 73-77. In fact, their last year of existence, the last of the corps' nucleus were considering merging into Cambria - I remember us coming up to the fairgrounds to one of your rehearsals to discuss the possibility.

Can't really tell you how I associate your name - it is VERY familiar to me, and it is from that era.

Loved the Cadets' DM - she had such a great personality, and a smile a mile wide!