Saints

Anyone out there know where Peter Boyle (Saints snare drummer mid-1970s) is?

We've not heard from him since our site has been up and running, and another of his former corps, Etobicoke-Oakland Crusaders, is also trying to find him. Seems we're both having reunions and would love to have him attend :-)

Seriously, if anyone out there knows how to reach him or his sister Ginny, either PM me here or contact me through the Saints website (url in my signature below).

Thanks!

jo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy All Saints Day to everyone from the Saints!

Quick reunion update ... technically, registration closed yesterday. Given that we were never on time for anything in our ten years of existence, we could be convinced to keep taking money.

As of right now, 85 people will be in attendance, with folks coming back to Jersey on 5 weeks notice from California (Bill Berliner and Verne James), Connecticut (Dave Brady, Dave DeAndrea, and Robin Humke), Georgia (Bobby Matelski), Maryland (Terri Moon), New Hampshire (Eric Meyer), New York (Tom Breen, Steve Breen, Chris Karol, Skippy Karol), North Carolina (Michelle Van Malden), Pennsylvania (Brian Batista), and Virginia (Mike Fastuca).

The Jersey list is too long to include here - check out the October 30th edition of Saints Scribblings for details.

jo

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, what a night!

Someone sped up the clocks last Friday night - the 4 hours spent at the Saints mini-reunion at Post 471 in Iselin flew by in the blink of an eye.

Pictures are starting to come in - the postings begin in Gallery 11 on www.saintsdrumcorps.com. Stop by and see how many Saints you can identify or marched with over the years!

jo

Edited by JoSaints

• 6 months later...

Wish I'd known about this thread at the time. A lot of familiar names here.

My time with The Saints was relatively brief, but I still carry the memories (and some scars :tongue: )

btw, I still have a copy of the cookbook The Saints put out in...75? Drummin' it up in the Kitchen

I also have an original (if somewhat threadbare) t-shirt.

Craig (aka The Clav)

Edited by The_Clav

I have all LPs (Record/Vinyl) from '72 - present including Volumes 4-5 and 6 (depending on what years) I also believe I have some older stuff from VFW and world open records as well.

In case you still need to locate anything

JP

I just happened to come across a recording of the Saints from the 1975 DCI Semi-finals. I think they finished 19th that year. They just totally blew me away, wow, what a hornline. I see that they are listed in corpsreps.com for the years 72,75,76 and 77. Also Alan Chez is listed as a Soprano from 1969 to 1973.

Anyone have any further information about the Edison Saints? I would also be interested in preserving any recordings of any other years besides 1975. there has to be some interesting history associated with the Saints, like how long were they in existance and why did they break up? Did the other Jersey corps gobble up the membership? I know Chez ended up in Garfield. I am sure Bridgemen and Muchachos had an effect also.

Please tell us your stories.

I have all LPs (Record/Vinyl) from '72 - present including Volumes 4-5 and 6 (depending on what years) I also believe I have some older stuff from VFW and world open records as well.

In case you still need to locate anything

JP

If anyway possible I could use copies of any Saints recordings you may have. I had a number of albums including The Dream that I loaned to a friend some years ago, never to be seen again.