Saints

Can you give us some information for this up and coming season for 2007?

Id like to consider going to a show to watch peeps duke it out.

Any Saints have any contacts to help a corps with rehearsal facilities? We have a tough time finding suitable fields to rehearse these kids.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Saints have any contacts to help a corps with rehearsal facilities? We have a tough time finding suitable fields to rehearse these kids.

While I can't help directly, here's a suggestion you may or may not have already tried -- except for the first couple of years when we used a baseball field (not a good thing!), the Saints always used parking lots for outdoor rehearsals ... Raritan Center in Edison (before it was rebuilt), Rutgers Stadium parking lot in Piscataway, Woodbridge Center, etc.

The only times I remember rehearsing on grass were our work weekend, and some small section warmups at shows.

Hope this helps!

JoAnne

I am Mark Chiocchi (Rocky) and belong to The Edison NJ Saints From 1968 -1976

I was a Solo Soprano for the last 6 years of my 7 years there. My 2 brothers were in the Saints as well Gary Chiocchi (Ragu) Snare Line and Kenny Chiocchi (Pebbles) Second Soprano.

Tom (Bucky) Swan was the Horn Line instructor and George Lopez was the Drum Line instructor, then we had a new Drum Line instructor come in but don't remember his name, he came from another Drum Corps.

Ralph Fair was the Drill Instructor. We had 2 corps. reunions a long time ago one at Mike Wargo place and one at the old annex in Fords NJ.

Can't seem to find anybody anymore.

Rock

I thought the one reunion was at Mark Mazers house? by the hess station? Or was that Mikes house LOL I cant remember. I was there and the one at the annex

I thought the one reunion was at Mark Mazers house? by the hess station? Or was that Mikes house LOL I cant remember. I was there and the one at the annex

It was at Mike Wargo's house. Mark Mazur's house had a small yard.

Rocky

Edited by Rocky Chiocchi

Quick note to all you out there who either marched with the Saints or attended any of their summer (Music in Splendor) or winter (Flying Silks) shows.

I'm compiling a comprehensive member / board / instructor list for the Saints website (www.saintsdrumcorps.com) and am looking for the rosters in the MIS program from 1969, 1973, 1975, and 1977. I'm also looking for all Saints / Sematics / Phase III rosters from the FS programs.

Contact me through the Saints site if you have stuff to share -- thanks!

JoAnne Parente

Hey Anyone Remember the good ole BUG juice from work weekends?

LOL

Kenny chiocchi

top-notch-landscaping.com

top-notch@patmedia.net

Ahh bug juice............ Im sure we had our own watered down version too..............

Ahh bug juice............ Im sure we had our own watered down version too..............

How different things are -- bottled water is plentiful now, but totally unavailable when I marched. Back in the day, it was the great big vats of bug juice, presweetened iced tea, lemonade, and the cheapest soda you could get at Pathmark. I can still remember my half-gallon Dunkin Donuts plastic thermos that was filled with water and my constant companion on the bus. Unfortunately, when I came down with mono and some other nasty stuff, that meant that everyone who shared my thermos had to get a shot after coming home from World Open in '74 <sorry guys!>

How different things are -- bottled water is plentiful now, but totally unavailable when I marched. Back in the day, it was the great big vats of bug juice, presweetened iced tea, lemonade, and the cheapest soda you could get at Pathmark. I can still remember my half-gallon Dunkin Donuts plastic thermos that was filled with water and my constant companion on the bus. Unfortunately, when I came down with mono and some other nasty stuff, that meant that everyone who shared my thermos had to get a shot after coming home from World Open in '74 <sorry guys!>

wow sorry to hear you went through that.....but im sure nobody cared...we were all family back then...we just didnt realize how important those days were....

Kenny Chiocchi

You're right, Pebbles, we didn't realize at the time how much we were really experiencing back then. I think one of the less obvious things I miss the most was the person I was able to be when I was in the Saints -- we really believed we could do anything we set out minds to to. So many of the lessons from those days have really served me well as an adult ...

Edited by JoSaints