Saints

You're right, Pebbles, we didn't realize at the time how much we were really experiencing back then. I think one of the less obvious things I miss the most was the person I was able to be when I was in the Saints -- we really believed we could do anything we set out minds to to. So many of the lessons from those days have really served me well as an adult ...

I totally agree. Back then I didnt think any of it was relevant. I did believe we could do anything as we did prove our abilites from 72 going forward. Each year we got better and better and became one of the big boys in drum corps. The fun with everyone with the good times and the bad times both. It all was wonderful and I will never ever forget them. Now that I think about it, everyone had their own special qualities back then. Whether it was being funny or just themselves...it was all good.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an old competitor of the Saints, both with the Monarchs and then with the Black Knights (I think we're on the 75 album together) I just want to wish you all well and say how good it is to hear you all getting back in touch again. It's actually bringing back memories for me too! Ain't drum corps grand?

As an old competitor of the Saints, both with the Monarchs and then with the Black Knights (I think we're on the 75 album together) I just want to wish you all well and say how good it is to hear you all getting back in touch again. It's actually bringing back memories for me too! Ain't drum corps grand?

Ah, Monarchs! Winter guard and summer season, you always kept things interesting for us <big grin>

One of my best Monarchs memories was during the gas crunch during the 1974 NJA Guard season -- members of your guard very graciously took our guards into your homes so we could make the shlep out to Long Island the following day for another show without having to fill up. For the youngsters out there, we were in an "odd-even" gas purchase pattern ... the last digit of your license plate dictated what days of the month you could buy gas.

Thanks for sharing in our memories!

jo

Loved the Saints....... Loved all the NJ corps...VFW and Legion shows at Maxwell field was a blast. Walking the boardwalk at night after the show and finding and making friends in different corps made corps special to me. It is a memory that I will always cherish. Sometimes we didnt finish as well as we though we would, but the memories, friendships with everyone cant be replaced..... :huh:

Loved the Saints....... Loved all the NJ corps...VFW and Legion shows at Maxwell field was a blast. Walking the boardwalk at night after the show and finding and making friends in different corps made corps special to me. It is a memory that I will always cherish. Sometimes we didnt finish as well as we though we would, but the memories, friendships with everyone cant be replaced..... :huh:

Maxwell Field -- of course! I can remember getting whiplash on the Boardwalk -- not from the rides, but from turning my head to read the back of everyone's corps jackets ...

One of my major Patriots memories is how it was so neat that you could see your show from the southbound GSP -- and how we always missed the exit going there ... I still tell my husband all about it every time we drive past the field <big grin>

jo

Any alumni looking to share in todays drum corps experience are welcome to stop by our rehearsals. Kids in drum corps today are very talented and dedicated to working hard. They are an inspiration to all that witness their heart.

Glad to see that so many Saints are reading this forum.

This one to Kenny Chiocchi: (UMMMMMM I remember my pants falling down at a show.) That was at the 1974 Dream. The first time that we were ever in Roosevelt Stadium. I remember one of the Drum Majors (Jane DePinto) had to assist you with

pulling up your pants!

Jimmy Pic :blink:

Just wondering how Saints did at '77 US Open A Class finals?

The Saints came in 10th with a score of 68.950.

Hi all,

Anyone remember Mrs. Fastuca's Meatballs she use to cook in the kitchen in the Annex?

Well I just got her Recipe from Pic. It's a recipe for 300 meat-da-balls.

Your going to have to cut the recipe. Good Luck.

Get the Recipe on the History of the Saints page.

Mrs. Fastuca's

Famous Meatballs PDF File

:P

Rock

Edited by Rocky Chiocchi

Hi all,

Anyone remember Mrs. Fastuca's Meatballs she use to cook in the kitchen in the Annex?

Well I just got her Recipe from Pic. It's a recipe for 300 meat-da-balls.

Your going to have to cut the recipe. Good Luck.

Get the Recipe on the History of the Saints page.

Mrs. Fastuca's

Famous Meatballs PDF File

:P

Rock

I was telling someone about that recipe not that long ago -- WHAT A TREASURE!!!

Pic and Rocky, thanks! :ph34r:

jo