King Bugles

Nespy

Okay, so I've got a K20, K40, K50 and K70. I know the K90 is the contra, and K80 is the Euph. So what were the K10, K30 and K60? And who has one they'd be willing to sell (K-10, K-30, K60, K90)

Chip Torgerson

Edited by Nespy

Okay, so I've got a K20, K40, K50 and K70.  I know the K90 is the contra, and K80 is the Euph.  So what were the K10, K30 and K60?  And who has one they'd be willing to sell (K-10, K-30, K60, K90) 

Chip Torgerson

I swear I saw an old list/ad for King bugles a while back, but I haven't been able to find it since.

What I (think I) know is:

10- Piccolo

20- Soprano

30- ? Not sure. Did they make two kinds of sop, or one of them alto horns (like a mello with a smaller bell)?

40- Flugelhorn

50- Mellophone

60- French Horn

70- Baritone (Got one)

80- Euphonium (I wish I had one)

90- Contrabass

Edited by BorisTS

I think the K30 was the alto, and if I'm not mistaken the Troopers had some for sale. I would suggest not send them an email, they never answer, but call. They also had 5 of the K90's at one time, I haven't looked in a while.

There is one on ebay right now, its a beauty too.

Holy Heck. That looks tasty as sin. Too bad it's over $300 (with a lot of bidders and reserve not met). I spent my Gratuitous Bugle Money on the K-70 baritone a couple months back after I couldn't find one of the euphs anywhere, and I'm not sure I can justify dropping more on horns right now.

I'd like to take this opportunity to cry.

Okay, so I've got a K20, K40, K50 and K70.  I know the K90 is the contra, and K80 is the Euph.  So what were the K10, K30 and K60?  And who has one they'd be willing to sell (K-10, K-30, K60, K90) 

Chip Torgerson

Actually I own a K80 and a K90, the 90 is the best Contra to ever hit the field, although it has a smaller bore than some of the newer horns , it projects farther and with a deep warm tone. The K80...well start doing push-ups ,I swear sometimes I can see where it still says Buick on there. but it too has a warm nasty tone.