Just A Short List of Drum & Bugle Corps....

Over the past 40 or so years there has been a lot of top quality drum & bugle corps come from the Great White North especially from the province of Ontario. Here is a short list of some of them. If we have forgotten any please feel free to add them!!!

In no particular order, here they are:

Dutch Boy, St. John's, Kiwanis Kavaliers, Blue Saints, Conqueror II, Ventures,

Ridge Raiders, St. Andrews, Canadian Knights, Rebels, Cardinals of Precious Blood, Cardinal Cadets, Emerald Knights, Etobicoke Knights, Vengenace,

Seneca Optimists, Krecendos, Bluewater Buccaneers, Townsmen, Lionettes,

Georgian Lancers, Durham Girls, Rose City Guardsmen, Compagnions,

Sertomianairs, Michael Power Knights, Opti-knights, Ajax Sea Cadets, The Lampliters, Golden Lions, The Chessmen, Hanover Girls, Markham Collegettes,

Burlington Commanders, Bob Caygeon, Kingston Grenadiers, Guelph Royaliers,

Toronto Optimists, Toronto Optimists Cadets, Lasalle Cadets, Midlanders,

The Scarborough Fire Fighters, The Sparkies, Niagara Regionaiers,

Etobicoke Crusaders, Oakland Crusaders, De la Salle Oaklands, Dutch Boy Cadets

Seneca Princemen, Jolly Jesters, Scout House, Belleville Yardsmen, Ottawa Optimists, Lions of London, Brampton Senators, East Scarborough Kinsmen,

Kawartha Kavaliers, Carlton Place Saints, Belles of St. John's, Aurora Ambassadors, Bluewater Bridgemen, Hyliters, London Imperials, Cambridge

Royal Knights, Northstars, Northstar Royaliers, Empire Loyalists, Northwind,

Nickel City Sound and Cadets of Dutch Boy.

Due to a shrinking number of brain cells due to age, this is all we can come up with at this time. If we can come up with some more we'll add them later.

Edited by Old Dutch Boy Cadet

Over the past 40 or so years there has been a lot of top quality drum & bugle corps come from the Great White North especially from the province of Ontario. Here is a short list of some of them. If we have forgotten any please feel free to add them!!!

In no particular order, here they are:

Dutch Boy, St. John's, Kiwanis Kavaliers, Blue Saints, Conqueror II, Ventures,

Ridge Raiders,  St. Andrews, Canadian Knights, Rebels, Cardinals of Precious Blood, Cardinal Cadets, Oakland Crusaders, Emerald Knights, Etobicoke Knights,

Seneca Optimists, Krecendos, Bluewater Buccaneers, Townsmen, Vengenace, 

Georgian Lancers, Durham Girls, Rose City Guardsmen, Compagnions, Lionettes,

Sertomianairs, Michael Power Knights, Opti-knights, Ajax Sea Cadets, The Lampliters, Golden Lions, The Chessmen, Hanover Girls, Markham Collegettes,

Burlington Commanders, Bob Caygeon, Kingston Grenadiers, Guelph Royaliers,

Toronto Optimists, Toronto Optimists Cadets, Lasalle Cadets, Midlanders,

The Scarborough Fire Fighters, The Sparkies, Niagara Regionaiers,

Etobicoke Crusaders, Oakland Crusaders, De la Salle Oaklands, Dutch Boy Cadets

Seneca Princemen, Jolly Jesters, Scout House, Belleville Yardsmen, Ottawa Optimists, Lions of London, Brampton Senators, East Scarborough Kinsmen,

Kawartha Kavaliers, Carlton Place Saints, Belles of St. John's, Aurora Ambassadors, Bluewater Bridgemen, Hyliters, London Imperials, Cambridge

Royal Knights, Northstars, Northstar Royaliers, Empire Loyalists, Northwind,

Nickel City Sound and Cadets of Dutch Boy.

Due to a shrinking number of brain cells due to age, this is all we can come up with at this time. If we can come up with some more we'll add them later.

Nice list. Oaklands on it twice even. Add:

Marching Diplomats, Marching Angels, Flying Dutchmen, Compagnons (Ottawa),La Salle Cadets, Aurora Ambassadors, York Lions, Midtowners, and the Leaside Cadets (or Lions I can't remember which it was).

Regards,

John Swartz

Hey John:

Thanks for your additions but three of them are already on the list!

Aurora Ambassadors, La Salle Cadets, and Compagnions.

How did we forget the Flying Dutchmen, AAUUUGGGHH! One of the founding corps of the Northstar Youth Organiation!!

Hey John:

Thanks for your additions but three of them are already on the list!

Aurora Ambassadors, La Salle Cadets, and Compagnions.

How did we forget the Flying Dutchmen, AAUUUGGGHH! One of the founding corps of the Northstar Youth Organiation!!

Hey, never claimed my vision was as good as my memory. I found La Salle and Compagnons on your list. Still looking fo Ambassadors.

Regards,

John.

Hey, never claimed my vision was as good as my memory. I found La Salle and Compagnons on your list. Still looking fo Ambassadors.

Regards,

John.

Hey John:

You'll find the Aurora Ambassadors in the forth line from the bottom of the list.

With regards to dwindling brain cells, how long do you think it took us to get this list together??

Hey John:

You'll find the Aurora Ambassadors in the forth line from the bottom of the list.

With regards to dwindling brain cells, how long do you think it took us to get this list together??

There they are.

You had help? I noticed the we, but I thought maybe it was the 'royal' we. I'm trying to imagine the discussion compiling the list:

ODBC: There used to be a lot of corps in Ontario

Help: What?

ODBC: I said, there used to be, oh never mind.

Help: Start with Dutch Boy

ODBC: Yup, what other corps were there from Kitchener?

Help: Remember those girls from Brantford?

ODBC: Noted, What other corps were there from Kitchener?

Help: Cavaliers

ODBC: No, no, no, no ,no. Your'e thinking of the Green Machine.

Help: right, we'll put Seneca Optimists somewhere on the list.

ODBC: They were yellow. What other corps were fom Kitchener? (pregnant pause) I think you're on to something. They could have had green uniforms.

Another log goes onto the fire, the hot chocolate is topped up. One of them, it doesn't matter which, looks out the window and the conversation turns to Florida for a spell, then -

Help: I'm meant that corps from the donut shop.

ODBC: Kiwanis Kavaliers? They were from Kitchener?

Help: Yup

ODBC: They're on the list. I still think there was another corps frm Kitchener.

Help: Boy, Hamilton used to have some great corps. Can't think of their names though.

ODBC: Conquerer II. I wonder why the II? Must have been a I, don't you think. They're on the list. But, I asked about Kitchener Corps.

Help: That other girls corps. God, I loved the girls corps.

ODBC: Why did we start on this venture? That's it, Ventures.

-------

this continues on for almost 8 hours until Sarnia Sam says - Flying Dutchmen. :P

Regards,

John

• 2 years later...

Northern Dream..Windsor. Corps was a DCI A-60 class. 85, maybe 86. Corps Director was Ed Warren a former Windsor Guardsmen (damm, I hated the Rose City tag) and current DCI judge. B)

Northern Dream..Windsor. Corps was a DCI A-60 class. 85, maybe 86. Corps Director was Ed Warren a former Windsor Guardsmen (damm, I hated the Rose City tag) and current DCI judge. B)

I've never heard of them !! :lol:

But then I was out of the loop until the late 80's !! :lol::lol::lol:

Hey Guys,

Don't forget Grantham from St. Catharines