1988 DCI REVIEW

Its funny what we remember and what we forget after a period of time. I had totally forgotten that we had ever beat Madison that year!

Best part of the year though, was that Cavaliers had a show in Montreal - so I got to perform in my hometown :) We came in second to Star that night though....

But what a freeday we had in downtown Montreal ^0^

Later,

Mike

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1988 was a fun year of drum corps ... except for SCV on first tour, when we were wearing black batman capes and performing about 4,000 levels below mediocre.

Really.

B)

1988 was a fun year of drum corps ... except for SCV on first tour, when we were wearing black batman capes and performing about 4,000 levels below mediocre.

Really.

B)

So true, Lee, on both counts... good thing both areas were improved by nats!

I remember bringing the batman capes to picture day for some photo ops. I'll have to dig some of those up... B)

Oh yeah, the Batman capes....................................Ugh.

If you have pics of those, please burn them LOL

Yeah, I'd have to say that on the way to where we ended up, we came a long way from where we were at the beginning of season.

88 was a great year, except of you were touring in the midwest and the south!!!!!

We (Freelancers) were trading paint with Hutch (Sky Ryders), Crossmen, and Dutch Boy all season. All four corps battling to the death for the last finals spot. No one knew who had it until we got to KC.

Bit of trivia for you.... Which corps holds the all time high score for a DCI Finals Week Prelim contest?

1989 Freelancers with an 89.9

88 was a great year, except of you were touring in the midwest and the south!!!!!

We (Freelancers) were trading paint with Hutch (Sky Ryders), Crossmen, and Dutch Boy all season. All four corps battling to the death for the last finals spot. No one knew who had it until we got to KC.

Bit of trivia for you.... Which corps holds the all time high score for a DCI Finals Week Prelim contest?

1989 Freelancers with an 89.9

It was indeed a great year. "Trading Paint" might be putting it mildly. It was an all out brawl for about 4 weeks. I don't think Sky Ryders and Freelancers had two consecutive victories over eachother all year. It was back and forth every night. If I remember correctly, if Freelancers beat us, we played "edelweiss" at retreat, and if we beat them, we played "favorite things".

Crossmen beat us every time they saw us EXCEPT semi-finals. We didn't go head to head with Dutch Boy until Semis. What a scary night.

As for the Sky Ryders guard from 87 to 88, Tommy Keenum left the corps, and most of the guard followed. If I remember correctly, 88 Sky Ryders had less than 30 veterans. We were YOUNG.

Gale Rask

88-89 Sky Ryders

01- Present - The Cavaliers Brass Staff