Conquistadors Drum & Bugle Corps

I was in the Conquistadors Drum & Bugle Corps, in South San Francisco, California, from 1969 to 1974, and am searching for other alumni. If you are an alumni or know of one, please respond to this post.

Thank you!

Julie Bettencourt B)

Edited by jcliff

I spoke with Rick Zuniga at the Renegades (TNT - Tuesday Night Thing) the other night. Rick was a charter member of the Renegades when the corps started in 1997. I believe Rick was a member and horn instructor for the Conquistadors.

Rick is no longer with the competitive Renegades corps, but he still plays with other groups in the bay area. I have his email address if you want it.

Check out my California Drumcorps website when you get chance at:

My Webpage

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Munson - thanks for your response. I know Rick. He was with the Conquistadors the entire time I was there. I would be interested in his email address. You can also pass along mine to him: j.cliff@att.net. I'm sure he will remember me. I was rifle captain from 1969 - 1974.

I also remember well the Pinole Princemen. A very good corps with a very good rifle line during the time that I recall.

I will be sure to check out your site.

Julie Bettencourt

Conquistadors 1969-1974

I spoke with Rick Zuniga at the Renegades (TNT - Tuesday Night Thing) the other night.  Rick was a charter member of the Renegades when the corps started in 1997.  I believe Rick was a member and horn instructor for the Conquistadors.

Rick is no longer with the competitive Renegades corps, but he still plays with other groups in the bay area.  I have his email address if you want it.

Check out my California Drumcorps website when you get chance at:

My Webpage

B)

• 2 months later...
Hey Munson - thanks for your response.  I know Rick.  He was with the Conquistadors the entire time I was there.  I would be interested in his email address.  You can also pass along mine to him: j.cliff@att.net.  I'm sure he will remember me.  I was rifle captain from 1969 - 1974.

I also remember well the Pinole Princemen.  A very good corps with a very good rifle line during the time that I recall.

I will be sure to check out your site.

Julie Bettencourt

Conquistadors 1969-1974

My Name is Matthew Castaneda

I marched Conquistadors '77-'80

Rick was the horn instructor at the time I joined. He lived with Ron Munekawa and I used to go to his house and he would tape DCI for me from his records.

I saw your name on Corps Reps.

• 2 weeks later...

Man those picture bring back memories...

Namely when our bus broke down and died, and then we had to charter a bus.

Now picture me with short gray hair and 30lbs. more...

Stop by www.socaldream.org

Hi Mike,

Long time no see.

Mike1.jpg  mw1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Oh my GOD! I thought that I was the only one who was still around! b**bs

I haven't seen pics from the old corps in a long time!

It's great to hear from the folks I marched with in the Conquiatadors! It was great to hear from scv1dci81 of late and to hear that "Darkman" and "Jocko" are still out there in the drum corps arena. I marched in the '79 and '80 corps as well as BD '81-'82 drumline's, and am currently with the Renegades. C-ya out there! Kelley