some old corps photos

My husband marched with you in 78, he was the skinny Contra from California  ..He's shared some stories with me about you! You're a legend! :)  :P

THANKS !!

However, I must advise you that most of the stories told about me contain vast amounts of rumor and particularly don't believe anything the sheep have to say.

Drum Corps day were the best !!!

Hey! I resemble that Tennessee remark! So when I met you in 03 did I talk funny to you? b**bs  Yeah, they used to rag on me about my accent all the time but it got me some free beer alot! b**bs "Just sit and talk with me I'll buy you some beer with that wonderful accent, just say Y'all  one more time, or "fixin"....hahaha!

Southern Belle Lancer b**bs

Actually your accent was tame compared to some I know from TN.....perhaps all those years living in MA did it! b**bs

Yeah, when I first told LancerFi that I had to go "fix" dinner, she said, "Fix dinner? Is it broken?" I laughed and said that was the terminology used by most southerners. It does mean to assemble, put together. :blink:

I will say I have never heard Spaghetti with gravy until LancerFi told me......learn something new all the time. B)

Pizza Rustica or "Pizza Ripiena" or PIZZA GAIN!!

say or spell it, I just want to eat it!!!! :)

From your attachment:

I don't know how to spell the Italian name of this pie, but it sounds something like "Pizza Gain" --

Trust me, there is a vowel at the end of Gain, no matter where you come from! It's like the Soprano's saying: manicott, it's manicotti......that's my neighbors fault, he wrote the original pilot which came from his book called "Maverick Square", which is where I live. :blink: Anyway, his name used to be on the credits, I believe they must have bought him out now!

Many, many wanna be Tony's here, all of the true mobsters are either in jail, at the bottom of the ocean in Revere (the dumping ground of the N.E.) or dead!

Not many Italians in your area huh? Sauce? :P

It's OK, you can called it what you want to!

Me, I'm mostly Scott-Irish with a wee bit of French, German and English and gravy is something you pour on spuds! My wife is half Italian, her Grandmother came to America from Italy at the age of thirteen, and owned an Italian restaurant in Spokane WA. and my wife says she always called it sauce! I just looked at a bottle of Ragu and it says pasta sauce! I’ve never heard the term tomato gravy, but always tomato sauce, maybe it’s more an east coast thing than an Italian thing. Oh well to each their own! :blink::blink::worthy:

If you said "sauce" in an Italian restaurant here, they'd hopefully not laugh out loud, but I know what they'd be thinking.....eh, screw em!

Actually your accent was tame compared to some I know from TN.....perhaps all those years living in MA did it!  b**bs

Yeah, when I first told LancerFi that I had to go "fix" dinner, she said, "Fix dinner? Is it broken?" I laughed and said that was the terminology used by most southerners. It does mean to assemble, put together.  :worthy:

I will say I have never heard Spaghetti with gravy until LancerFi told me......learn something new all the time.  B)

I'm fixin to fix dinnah!! :P That's both of us talking at once!! :blink:

pics009.jpg

Mighty St. Joe's of Batavia NY 1964

Looks like 1967 state A.L. at Buffalo to me. That is the baritone quartet in "Lassus Trombone". I recognize the baritone player on the left end, Warren Lutz. I went to the same high school, Phelps, NY (he graduated a few years before me). I played with him in the Geneva Appleknockers then his family moved to the Batavia area and he joined Joe's. Warren always was gung-ho. Check out the leg lift would you!

27th Lancers pictures 78, 80

Follow this link...we just put up a new photo gallery on the website! :) Enjoy!