some old corps photos

Wow - thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

1975, American International @ Butler, I believe.  I'm in the second row, right next to an old girlfriend -  :sshh:

Far right in the pic is a young Joe Buncie.  One of the true virtually unknown giants of the activity.

DM in white in the lower left was Karen ??????? - biggest heart and cutest redhead DM in drum corps EVER!

Littlest dude in the far left first row - I think he was 9 at the time, and wouldn't think twice about kicking your ### just because - vaguely remember having to pull him off a few rival corps members on several occasions.  Good little horn player tho (which would have gotten my ample ### kicked if he heard it back then).

Many of those kids went on to bigger and better corps, and many are still involved in senior corps - and I miss them all.

I have this pic at home still in the mailing tube.

here is another for you lipsprain

from the 75 US Open program

Derry Patriots

Untitled-222.jpg

Didn't you guys play variations on "Wipe out" as a warm up? That was awesome.

Yes. Thanks, for bringing that up. I’m now going to have that going around my head for days. I’ll be tapping on my desk with a pencil at work, until my coworkers demand I stop. I’ll be tapping in out on my steering wheel in my car. :( :ph34r:

here is another for you lipsprain

from the 75 US Open program

Derry Patriots

Untitled-222.jpg

You are truly a God among mere mortals - THANKS!

Yes, this would be a 1974 pic - got this one in a tube too. We changed to the white homemade polyester tunics in 75. Much better picture of the DM and Joe Buncie on the lower right. I'm in the top row, just right of center, dark complexion and muttonchop sideburns - my 'almost cool' period :P

Great bunch of kids - never had a spit of a chance to win a show, but you could never tell us that. We all just loved to perform!

FYI the entire corps' equipment of the era (guard gear, olds v/r ultratones, drums) sit in the basement of our old bus driver, Dr. Ron Koval, in Ligonier PA, all in perfect condition and waiting all these years for someone to make him an offer.

He and his brother, Don - twins, both Chiropractors (which really came in handy), both drove school buses on the side, both LOVED drum corps and the Patriots.

On behalf of all the little corps of the 70s, THANKS MAN!!!

another for ODBC

i sharpened the photo from the 76 US Open program of the 75 Dutch Boy Cadets

where are you??

Untitled-2222.jpg

Well, from what I remember, ha, I'm in the back row, before the colour guard, fourth one from right end you can bearly see me face, dang feathers!!!!!!!

Thanks, yonnenana, you are awesome!! B)

Edited by ODBC

I was dave's roommate, if I can't B slap him, who can.

Slap me baby...slap me!!! and do it with the chicken!

PERFECT- just like I remember them. I'll assume Rob Carson has the perfect RH grip. :sumo:

Edited by LancerLegend

Is it me, or is that not Shawn Cassidy 2nd from the right? B)

I think that's Alan Christiansen

I think that's Alan Christiansen

No, it's Shawn Cassidy. Alan was sick one night and Shawn, an accomplished snare drummer in his own right, stood in for the ailing Alan(say that five times fast).

No really, true story.